Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade on Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade on Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been asked to upgrade a Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running W 10 version 1709. I want to upgrade to the latest version i. e.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A Gray, Sep 24, 2019.

1. A Gray Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade on Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running

I have been asked to upgrade a Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running W 10 version 1709. I want to upgrade to the latest version i. e. 1903. Do I have to progressively upgrade through the previous versions or can I go straight to 1903?

:)

A Gray, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade on Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running - Similar Threads - Upgrade Lenovo desktop

2. can i run windows 10 on my old pc which is currently on windows 7 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i run windows 10 on my old pc which is currently on windows 7 version: Hello Team Microsoft, This is some information about my system : manufacturer : GIGABYTE Model : H81M-S1 Processor : IntelR PentiumR CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz RAM : 4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type : 64-bit Operating System Windows edition Windows 7 Ultimate Thank you...
  3. can i run windows 10 on my old pc which is currently on windows 7 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i run windows 10 on my old pc which is currently on windows 7 version: Hello Team Microsoft, This is some information about my system : manufacturer : GIGABYTE Model : H81M-S1 Processor : IntelR PentiumR CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz RAM : 4.00 GB 3.88 GB usable System type : 64-bit Operating System Windows edition Windows 7 Ultimate Thank you...
  4. can i run windows 10 on my old pc which is currently on windows 7 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.: I have a Lenovo desktop PC that I bought from Costco a couple years ago. I have had a persistent issue with freezing and the BSOD. I called windows support early on and all they could suggest was to roll back my video card driver to a previous version from like 10 years ago....
  6. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.: I have a Lenovo desktop PC that I bought from Costco a couple years ago. I have had a persistent issue with freezing and the BSOD. I called windows support early on and all they could suggest was to roll back my video card driver to a previous version from like 10 years ago....
  7. Persistent freezing and BSOD on a Lenovo desktop PC running windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro on older acer aspire one AOD257 computer but its running slow when I bring up programs. Should I do a repair or reinstall windows10?. Or is there something else I can do first?. I have updated everything I could think...
  9. Currently using windows ltsc 1809, but I need to run a programs which runs on 1903+, what...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Currently using windows ltsc 1809, but I need to run a programs which runs on 1903+, what...: Is there a way to make the program thing I'm using 1903? If all else fails, will I need to re-install a clean windows 10 home/pro, can I do it without a USB/CD? Thanks! submitted by /u/Intelligent_Ad9696 [link] [comments]...
  10. The other computer is running windows 7 pro which should be upgraded soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The other computer is running windows 7 pro which should be upgraded soon: Hello everyone, I have a problem with an old laptop running Windows 10 home (purchased with windows 7 home-OEM) and a Windows 10 professional whose license I received as a windows insider. The other computer is running windows 7 pro which should be upgraded soon. Is it...