Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade options

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I have a question about the upcoming Windows 10 upgrade. I hope this is the correct section for this matter. So, I've got a PC running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sa1yan, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Sa1yan Win User

Windows 10 upgrade options

Hi!

I have a question about the upcoming Windows 10 upgrade. I hope this is the correct section for this matter.

So, I've got a PC running Windows 7. I have activated it with an OEM licence that I salvaged from my old (now broken) laptop. I'm aware of the fact that the OEM licence is tied to a single computer.

Can I upgrade my PC to Windows 10 "the normal" way because of the OEM licence? Or should I just play it safe and sign up for the Insider Preview? I heard that the preview versions get updated to the final version.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Sa1yan, Jun 19, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Jun 19, 2015
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Jun 19, 2015
  4. groze Win User

I am going to advise you to download 10130 build, create the needed boot cd/dvd or usb install, sign up for a Microsoft account. Backup any need data that you want and then do a clean install of windows 10 10130 build. There is instructions on this forum on how to do a clean install windows 10. This will remove windows 7 totally from your system. Hopefully, your system will support windows 10.

groze, Jun 20, 2015
  5. CmmTch Win User
    I've followed this tutorial twice, once for my laptop and then for my desktop, no problems if you follow the tutorial and don't try any freelance stuff. Not saying you can't try things, it's your computer, but if you want to set up dual boot W7 and W10 follow this https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...ndows-8-a.html and you'll be fine.

Less than an hour once you've got the ISO downloaded. Go here https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-...-iso-file.html
    Scroll down to Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO file for the latest ISO and license key.

CmmTch, Jun 20, 2015
  6. Sa1yan Win User
    Yeah, so I clean installed Windows 10 on my PC. Dual booting might have been a better option but my SSD didn't have enough space for both operating systems. It seems to run pretty well - with some expected hiccups/bugs here and there.

I think I'll stay on 10 for the time being. If insiders don't get a genuine upgrade after all, I'll just upgrade to 10 from Windows 7 (or stay on 7 if the upgrade doesn't work). Thanks for the help!

Sa1yan, Jun 20, 2015
  7. Sa1yan Win User
    A quick follow-up question. Since I clean installed Windows 10, I supposedly can't activate the Insider preview with my Windows 7 key. This means that I would have to reinstall Win 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10. In this case, do I have to install all the 200+ updates for Windows 7 before I get to upgrade to Win 10? Or are there any shortcuts?

Sa1yan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade options - Similar Threads - upgrade options

2. Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?: Alright so Windows 11 is out and I want to upgrade however if something goes wrong with the installation I will have to reinstall Windows which is a problem because I have an OEM version of Windows and I don't think installing the drivers for my PC is possible because it was...
  3. Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I still be able to use the recovery options after upgrading to windows 11?: Alright so Windows 11 is out and I want to upgrade however if something goes wrong with the installation I will have to reinstall Windows which is a problem because I have an OEM version of Windows and I don't think installing the drivers for my PC is possible because it was...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?: Split from this thread.This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements Check to see if there are things you can do, and if not, you'll keep getting Windows 10 updates. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11. More about supported CPUs Processor:...
  5. Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?: Split from this thread.This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements Check to see if there are things you can do, and if not, you'll keep getting Windows 10 updates. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11. More about supported CPUs Processor:...
  6. Windows 11 upgrade - my processor is not supported, what are my options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't get out of S Mode. The only option I get is to upgrade to Pro, but on S Mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get out of S Mode. The only option I get is to upgrade to Pro, but on S Mode.: HiI desperately need help. I bought a Lenovo for online school. To take a test I need to download a program that is not in the Microsoft Store. I tried to switch out of S mode, but the only option I get is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in S Mode. I have never cried so much...
  8. How can I get the Sleep option back after upgrading to 21H1

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I get the Sleep option back after upgrading to 21H1: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 21H1 a couple of days ago. And the main "feature" I have noticed is that the option for setting my laptop to sleep is gone.Earlier I had the option to select Win-key - Power - Sleep.Now the only ones left is Shutdown and Restart. The option...
  9. Fingerprint, facial recognition and pin option greyed out after upgrade to Windows 10...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint, facial recognition and pin option greyed out after upgrade to Windows 10...: Windows hello options are greyed out with a "currently not available" error message. Prior to my update to Win10 1909 build 18363.628 a few hours ago, only the fingerprint and facial recognition options we're grayed out, leading me to install an update in hopes of fixing it...
  10. Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade 21H1: no option to keep personal files and data: I have donwloaded the 21H1 ISO 64 bits. Tried to upgrade from 20H2. The procedure only offers the option "keep nothing" for a clean install. The other two options (to keep personal files data and programs) are not available. What could be the reason for that? 181640