Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade or not as the case maybe!

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade or not as the case maybe! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Over the last few weeks/months my computer has been gently reminding me that i can upgrade to Windows 10 and i've just pressed no or pressed x or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by R11 BFC, Nov 29, 2015.

1. R11 BFC Win User

Windows 10 upgrade or not as the case maybe!

Over the last few weeks/months my computer has been gently reminding me that i can upgrade to Windows 10 and i've just pressed no or pressed x or whatever as i just dont want to get involved.

The other day it got a bit more serious with me though - a big screen came up saying upgrade now or later. I pressed later (cant be doing with any changes on my computer at the moment - when i've done things like this in the past, there's usually something that happens that takes ages to sort out) but it started updating it anyway...!

I stopped it but it came up saying one thing had already been upgraded (no idea what) and are you sure and i said yes!

Problem now, is that every so often (well just about every day) the same screen comes up, i keep pressing upgrade later but it starts downloading it again, unless i press stop. Any way of stopping this happening or even better, get back to where i was previously or should i just go for it and download the whole thing? And cross my fingers!

Just that i’m hearing conflicting views – some say it’s worked fine, others a nightmare and all scenarios in between.

Cheers in advance.

P.S. Oh and i'm clueless on all this, so words of one syllable would help! Thanks. *Confused

:)

R11 BFC, Nov 29, 2015

2. N95 8GB headset ringing - or not as the case may be...

When a headset is plugged in, the ringtone nevertheless comes from the phone. So it's not a problem of silent profile.

Also the same happens with earphones.

I wonder wheter it's a bug or a feature. Are there N95 8g users that don't have such a problem?

I use the headset that came with the phone, don't remember its name.

pavlickpavl, Nov 29, 2015
  3. awake738 Win User
    N95 8GB headset ringing - or not as the case may be...

Thanks babdi, not sure that's the case tho - I have seen other nokia handsets ring both headset and handset (e.g. 6290), and limiting the volume would pass any regulations anyway.

Anyone else have any experience of this?

awake738, Nov 29, 2015
  4. shimshom Win User

Download GWX Control Panel from Ultimate Outsider - Software Downloads and it will help you get rid of the updates causing this behavior. I checked it and it's clean but check it again with your AV and Virustotal just in case

shimshom, Nov 29, 2015
  5. indianacarnie, Nov 30, 2015
  6. Atomic77 Win User
    Actually upgrading to Windows 10 is not all that bad as people have made it out to be providing your computer can handle it. I was a bit hesitant on doing it to my almost 1 year old system being so new to windows 8.1 and all but I did it and things are all well.

Atomic77, Nov 30, 2015
  7. R11 BFC Win User
    Thanks everyone. Still not sure what i'm going to do! But thanks anyway. *Smile

R11 BFC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade or not as the case maybe! - Similar Threads - upgrade case maybe

2. Is it possible to lose the windows license key in case of windows 10 to windows 11 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to lose the windows license key in case of windows 10 to windows 11 upgrade?: Hi,Is it possible to lose the windows license key in case of windows 10 to windows 11 upgrade?Circumstances is I am using genuine windows 10 in my 7th generation laptop.I want to upgrade my windows from 10 to 11.So Is there any chance to lose genuine windows license key in...
  3. Windows 10 new bug (maybe?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 new bug (maybe?): So i did not take a screenshot or a pic of it but it definitely gave me a mini heart attack. So basically this is what happened - I start my pc as usual nothing new. When it arrived at the login screen, it had a password set up (even though no one did it). I was scared to...
  4. Upgrading motherboard and CPU and maybe windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading motherboard and CPU and maybe windows: I have windows 10 and my computer can't run windows 11. I would like to upgrade my motherboard and CPU, and maybe my boot drive. If I update the mobo and CPU and plug in my current boot drive, will it work with my current W10 installation? Can I then install a new drive, copy...
  5. Upgrading motherboard and CPU and maybe windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading motherboard and CPU and maybe windows: I have windows 10 and my computer can't run windows 11. I would like to upgrade my motherboard and CPU, and maybe my boot drive. If I update the mobo and CPU and plug in my current boot drive, will it work with my current W10 installation? Can I then install a new drive, copy...
  6. Upgrading motherboard and CPU and maybe windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reinstalling window 10? maybe?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling window 10? maybe?: I bought a second-hand laptop from a guy months ago and everything seemed fine. But I can't activate windows 10 on the laptop. After investigating the laptop myself, turns out that the laptop was once owned by a company and the laptop was mass licensed by that company. Now, I...
  8. Windows 10 home issue (maybe?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home issue (maybe?): Okay so i recently had to wipe my hard drive. When i reinstalled windows, everything ran perfectly fine, that is until i had to update windows since the version i have on a usb is about 2 years old. So once the update finished, weird things started, for one my computer would...
  9. Windows 10 home problem (maybe?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 home problem (maybe?): So recently i had to wipe my hard drive and i had to reinstall windows. I went through the installation process with my usb. Everything was running smoothly and fine. I could browse the internet and it was just fine, but i obviously had to update my version of windows since...
  10. Windows 10 Reinstallation in case of computer crash for free upgraded

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reinstallation in case of computer crash for free upgraded: Hi, Please guide me to thread or link which provides information as how we can make ISO file or Windows Image file for re-installation in case computer crashes for free upgrade users. Thanks 11191