Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade... Outlook 2010 not working.

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade... Outlook 2010 not working. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Upgraded to Windows 10 overnight. Everything seemed ok this morning until I tried to open my outlook. I get the error "Cannot open your default email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TheStand, Jul 29, 2015.

1. TheStand Win User

Windows 10 upgrade... Outlook 2010 not working.

Upgraded to Windows 10 overnight. Everything seemed ok this morning until I tried to open my outlook. I get the error "Cannot open your default email folders. Access denied!"

I did notice that on my desktop my folder now has my "first" and "last" name instead of just the first that it had before. It has always (Windows 7 and before) said "Tim" Now it says "Timothy Hestand".

Could this be the problem????

:)

TheStand, Jul 29, 2015
  2. fperucki Win User

Will Microsoft Outlook 2010 run under Windows 10

I understand that Outlook 2010 will work with Windows 10 but when I upgrade will I see my existing emails or does Outlook 2010 start with a clean slate?

fperucki, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Will Microsoft Outlook 2010 run under Windows 10

Outlook 2010 is, in my opinion, a thousand times nicer than later versions. However, people have had problems getting it to run on Windows 8, and I am concerned that by upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, that Outlook 2010 will not work.

Mike Ellis_271, Jul 29, 2015
  4. TheStand Win User

Ok Called Windows 10 got transferred to Office 2010 help. Tech wanted me to redo all of my email accounts be cause all of the data must have gotten corrupted. I explained to him that The error said it could not open the data files because it did not have permission. He tried to tell me that the error message was probably wrong so I told him thank you and started T/S'ing myself...

The error said it did not have permission to access the outlook data files. SO...... I opened my folder on my desktop, opened documents, opened outlook files and checked the security permissions on them.

There is a .pst file for each of your mail accounts. I checked and on each of them the "Home User" permissions had been removed. Ihit edit and allowed access and **** BINGO**** My office 2010 now works fine.

Don't bother calling Microsoft unless you want to go through hours of crap to fix a 3 minute problem.

TheStand, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Chris2005 Win User
    I had no issues with my Outlook accessing my data file. I'm using Office 2013 myself.

Good that you got it working though.

Chris2005, Jul 29, 2015
  6. cbrdon Win User
    I had the exact same issue. Luckily, I found your post quickly and fixed the problem in about 3 minutes.
    Thank you!!!

Edited to say I am running Outlook 2013

cbrdon, Jul 30, 2015
  7. TheStand Win User
    Glad I could help.

TheStand, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Angeltam Win User

I had the same issue and was able to fix it because of your post.

Thank You!

Angeltam, Aug 1, 2015
  9. TheStand Win User
    You're Welcome... Glad it helped.

TheStand, Aug 1, 2015
  10. Diane S Win User
    Outlook appeared at first to be working perfectly until I tried to send an email. It will not leave the outbox and I get the following message.
    Sending' reported error (0x800CCC13) : 'Cannot connect to the network. Verify your network connection or modem.'
    All tests work fine and it sends an email test with no problem. Just not a real email!
    Please can someone out there help me, it is very frustrating an I am now sorry that I ever upgraded to 10.
    I have checked the default which is correct and I even got a new email address to see if that would work but nothing.

Diane S, Aug 2, 2015
  11. UjjwalJ Win User
    Thanks for your tip. I was struggling for the last couple of days until I found your thread. For those of us who have archived mail, all such files also need to be updated for security.

UjjwalJ, Aug 3, 2015
  12. TheStand Win User
    I have also noticed that since the upgrade. I don't have permission to write or change word files, pictures and many others files. And every time I find the same problem, The Home User access has been removed and I have to allow access again.

TheStand, Aug 3, 2015
  13. figment Win User

figment, Aug 3, 2015
  14. fintan Win User
    I have the same problem! Anyone have any easy solution for resolving this? Many Thanks.

fintan, Aug 3, 2015
  15. Diane S Win User
    Have looked at this and the folders in one drive all say empty. I do not know enough to start playing around with something like this. Getting more and more frustrated.

Diane S, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade... Outlook 2010 not working. - Similar Threads - upgrade Outlook 2010

2. Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10: Hello, Since upgraded to ‘10’, I do have some rare issues; Outlook 2010 did work fine on ‘Windows-7 Professional 32bit Eng’. However, I due to medical reason, I did have to upgrade to ‘10’. Using ‘Pro’ 64bit English. It did work fine, UNTILL ! ……......opening the ‘Options’ in...
  3. Outlook 2010 No Longer Works in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2010 No Longer Works in Windows 10: Hello, I recently "reset" my PC with a clean install of Windows 10. When I went to reinstall my Outlook 2010, it wouldn't let me set up my account. I get this: [ATTACH] Then, when I select "Work Offline" I get this: [ATTACH] Then, it prompts to enter the...
  4. Outlook 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  5. Windows 10 & Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 & Outlook 2010: Just installed Win 10 and everything seems fine, one question though. In my old Internet Explorer I had a "Mail Button" on my browser that allowed me to access my mail and it had other functions, such as email a link etc. How can I get that back in Edge? is it even possible?...
  6. Windows 10 and Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 and Outlook 2010: I am still looking for a fix for this problem - since I downloaded Windows 10, I am unable to 'unsubscribe' or follow any internet addresses from my Outlook 10. I know there is a fix because I have had the problem before, but I can't remember it. 24489
  7. Outlook Hotmail Connector 2010 not working after outlook.com upgrade

Outlook Hotmail Connector 2010 not working after outlook.com upgrade: I have the outlook Hotmail connector installed on my work machine (On outlook 2010), and I also have outlook 2016 (which connects to outlook.com natively) on my home machine. Both have stopped playing nice with outlook.com in different ways:: outlook 2010 simply wont...
  8. Outlook 2010 problem with Win 10 upgrade

Outlook 2010 problem with Win 10 upgrade: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and I've hit a problem with Outlook in Office 2010. The installation of Office 2010 carried over from Win 7, and Outlook is working, but it keeps on trying to install "ProPlusWW.msi" which it says it cannot find and asks me to locate it. I...
  9. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659
  10. Windows 10 and Outlook 2010

Windows 10 and Outlook 2010: After I downloaded Windows 10, my Outlook 2010 has a problem. I cannot follow a hyperlink from an email, nor can I 'unsubscribe' from a mailing list. The system advises that I do not have the right level of security. I had this problem over 12 months ago, and I was advised of...