Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade printer inoperative

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade printer inoperative in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Gateway FX6800 with Lexmark P4350 All-in-One printer/scanner. Printer and scanner worked correctly on Windows 7 prior to upgrade. After upgrade,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by George-1944, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 upgrade printer inoperative

Gateway FX6800 with Lexmark P4350 All-in-One printer/scanner.

Printer and scanner worked correctly on Windows 7 prior to upgrade. After upgrade, printer is not recognized. Printer is connected through USB port. Reinstalled applications and drivers from original source. Windows 10 recognizes the scanner and scans correctly. Printer is present in device manager, but error message indicates "Cannot Communicate". Device indicates driver installation not complete. Cannot get status of printer even though I can set it as the default printer. Since the scanner works on the USB port, the port does not seem to be the problem. Device manager does show USB printer support installed. Need help, prefer not to buy new printer. Also prefer not to go back to Windows 7 where it worked correctly.

:)

George-1944, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Post Windows 10 upgrade- No PDF printer

Hi Anurag,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Did you install the printer after upgrading to Windows 10?

Refer the link below and check if it helps.

Adobe Acrobat Learn & Support

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 upgrade printer inoperative

USB Printer Port vanished following Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if they help:

Method 1: Printer troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Printer. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Method 2: Update you printer drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Printers.

• Double-click on the Printer.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Method 3: Manually install your printer.

Click on the link below and follow the steps to manually install a printer. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade printer inoperative

1. Windows 10 upgrade printer inoperative - Similar Threads - upgrade printer inoperative

2. Slideshow Inoperative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slideshow Inoperative: I've got the most-recent-update Windows 11 running on a desktop. Which folder am I supposed to have Pictures in in order for Slideshow to function? At present, I have 'Pictures' folders in 6 different locations see attached screenshots. The only thing I've done is add the 'My...
  3. Search inoperative

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search inoperative: Hi all, My PC contains a directory of directories named “Documents” where all the documents I created are stored. In particular I know because I can open it there is a Word file containing the word “Cardan”: located in directory “Documents”, subdirectory...
  4. Search inoperative

Search inoperative: Hi all, My PC contains a directory of directories named “Documents” where all the documents I created are stored. In particular I know because I can open it there is a Word file containing the word “Cardan”: located in directory “Documents”, subdirectory...
  5. Search window inoperative

in Cortana
    Search window inoperative: Whyy am I unable to type in the search window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-inoperative/73b40372-cf7c-4121-9700-06d496c2cf6b
  6. USB INOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB INOP: 2 OF THE 3 USB PORTS ARE NOT WORKING ON MY ACER LAPTOP. THE 3.0 PORT IS WORKING THE OTHER 2 THAT ARE 2.O ARE INOP....HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-inop/b85e2f54-9a42-4beb-b56a-6f08aafa9971
  7. Microsoft edge inoperative after Windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft edge inoperative after Windows 10 upgrade.: Can not connect to the internet after the Windows 10 upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-inoperative-after-windows-10/f14a6625-6c90-4475-b348-5b33766ebf48
  8. Touchpad inoperative

Touchpad inoperative: My touchpad will not work and I cannot fix it. Can you tell me what to do please?` https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-inoperative/15e169f1-f7cc-4ceb-b4ec-0e748a36be0f
  9. DVD/CD player inoperative following the latest upgrade to Windows 10

DVD/CD player inoperative following the latest upgrade to Windows 10: Is there a way that I can use my DVD/CD player after the latest upgrade to Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-player-inoperative-following-the-latest/dee9403d-aa60-4e55-a60b-9c5166ec058c
  10. Windows 10 Photos app inoperative

Windows 10 Photos app inoperative: I have been having trouble with the Photos app that was pre-loaded on my PC. It used to open when I connected my iPhone and automatically downloaded any new photos. Now the app starts to open but before any pictures appear the app shuts down. I have checked the Windows store...