Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade problems with drivers

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade problems with drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an old laptop lying around that I need to use, it isn't great, but for what I'll need, it fits. I've done a fresh install of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hyar'um, Nov 15, 2020.

1. hyar'um Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problems with drivers

Hello,

I have an old laptop lying around that I need to use, it isn't great, but for what I'll need, it fits.

I've done a fresh install of Windows 8.1 x64. I then upgraded it to Windows 10 version 1507 10240.

Everything went fine, all the drivers were working.

The next step was to search for updates and install them. One of them was to install version 1903. After this, all the drivers had problems [with exclamation points on the device manager] with code 12. I had no ethernet and no wi-fi. I've tried looking on the laptop's manufacturer website for the drivers with no avail. I also looked for drivers specifically for wifi and ethernet cards so I could search for updates with Windows Update, but the manual installation still didn't solve it.

I then decided to revert to build 1507 again and decided to it upgrade directly to version 20H2. The same problems emerged: no drivers, no internet.

I started over and now have a clean and fresh install of Windows 10 version 1507 with no updates, in the hopes that someone can guide or give an insight on what to do; or if it is just pointless. I've also searched for a similar problem but no specific solution.

Laptop specs:
    Sony Vaio VGN-N31M
    CPU: Intel Core 2 T5300 1.73GHz

RAM: 2GB

GPU: Intel 945 Express Chipset

Network Adapters:

Qualcomm Atheros Communication LAN-Express AS IEEE 802.11g PCI-E Adapter driver version 10.0.3.456 - date 09/20/2017

Marvell Yukon 88E8036 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller driver version 12.10.16.0 - date 04/11/2013

Thank you

:)

hyar'um, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade problems with drivers

1. Windows 10 upgrade problems with drivers - Similar Threads - upgrade problems drivers

2. Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver problem after the Windows 10 upgrade: Since the Windows 10 upgrade three weeks ago, my Canon printer will not print disc labels. It functions fine in every other regard, but when trying to print the disc label I get an "unable to print" message without an error code, and when using the USB connection there is an...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade problem: I bought a Microsoft Surface 7 Pro with Windows 10 Home direct from Microsoft, then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from the store. When I discovered that the camera did not work I arranged to return the Surface for replacement. The replacement Surface has arrived and works fine...
  4. Problems with upgrading drivers for windows 10 - Sony VIAO

Problems with upgrading drivers for windows 10 - Sony VIAO: Over the last day we have tried to download the drivers for windows 10 and have come across an error message saying that one camera driver cannot be installed. I didn’t think this would be an issue as its only the camera so attempted to download windows 10 twice but i keep...
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade from W7, Installation Problem, Driver Related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Upgrade from W7, Installation Problem, Driver Related?: We're trying to upgrade the office to 10 since all our program vendors are threatening terrible things about the W7 support ending. Some computers had no problem. The others get through the initial process, reboot, and then go straight into a screen that makes you either...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade problems.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Upgrade problems.: After a Windows 10 upgrade, on startup the computer recommended that I logout of Windows. Bad idea. Although I know my microsoft account password, I do not know my windows password to log back in to my windows settings. Can I reset my windows password without knowing my...
  7. drivers for window 10 upgrade

drivers for window 10 upgrade: I have a HP ProBook 4520s that had Windows 7 but when Windows 10 was released I upgraded. Now the question is can I down load drivers for Win7 to Win10? 34529
  8. Bluetooth driver problems after upgrading to Windows 10

Bluetooth driver problems after upgrading to Windows 10: I have Bluetooth built into my motherboard, the Asus Z87-Pro. The Bluetooth worked fine when I was on Windows 7. After upgrading to 10, I am having problems with the driver (Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Bluetooth 4.0 + HS Adapter). I have installed the newest driver version...
  9. Subwoofer problems after upgrade to Windows 10 - Realtek Driver

Subwoofer problems after upgrade to Windows 10 - Realtek Driver: I have just updated from Windows 7 to 10. My Logitech 5.1 speaker system worked perfectly under W7. After upgrading to W10, the subwoofer does not work through applications. However, it DOES work through the Realtek HD Audio Manager. All five speakers work in the Audio...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade problem: I had window 7 professional on my desktop on one HDD, the second hard drive once Vista was reformatted and blank boot. I must have made some mistake in the menu choices for the upgrade. All I know is that W10 Pro installed OK but is seeking activation? I'm too scared to...