Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I received this message: "You're currently running a version of Windows that's nearing the end of support. We recommend you update to the most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VernaFerreira, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Problems

Hi,

I received this message: "You're currently running a version of Windows that's nearing the end of support. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 now to get the latest features and security improvements."

My initial upgrade to Windows 10 was via the free upgrade on line. I don'r recall receiving a digital key via email or it has since been lost. It seems some features are now not successfully installed. One message states "Windows 10 Update- PC can't run Windows 10" How do I continue receiving updates and support? Sorry, there are a number of questions above! New to this method of asking for help. Thanks

:)

VernaFerreira, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Problems

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade Problems

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Problems - Similar Threads - Upgrade Problems

2. Problems with Installing the latest Windows upgrade 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Installing the latest Windows upgrade 1903: I've tried multiple times to update to the new version but to no success. I can't use the Media Creation Tool because my system does not have enough disk space and this tool does not enable me to use removeable storage. When I run the Update it completes the download and...
  3. Problem after upgrading to windows 10 version 1903 0n Aug 16 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem after upgrading to windows 10 version 1903 0n Aug 16 2019: After I upgraded windows 10 pro to version 1903 all my screens became dark black including screens of all browsers task bar and other apps including office 2013 etc At start up there are flading balloons and cursor becomes erratic some websites start opening and displaying...
  4. Upgrade Problems

Upgrade Problems: When I try to run the upgrade, I get the following message: This helps protect your PC and keep it running smoothly. C:\Users\Geojet\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\Windows10Upgrade28088 (5).exe Still want to run this...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade printer problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 upgrade printer problem.: How do I solve HP Color Laserjet printer problem following Windows10 upgrade? Printer message: "Unsupported Personality:: UNKNOWN". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-printer-problem/39d626e7-24c7-4850-8723-4041e27db459
  6. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  7. Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website

Problems faced due to an upgrade from windos 7 to windows 10 from a non microsoft website: https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-10-Upgrade-Assistant.shtml I have dowloaded WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE ASSISTANT from the above link and now i am facing lots of problems. I have succesfully upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 but could get permission...
  8. Problem with upgrading iastoa.sys

Problem with upgrading iastoa.sys: I upgraded my iastora.sys file after receiving notification that there was a conflict with WIN 10 upgrade. Before the upgrade I had a partitioned drives C, D, E. Problem after the upgrade is that D drive doesn't exist and is shown as E drive ( simple- basic-NTFS- healthy-...
  9. Touch Keyboard problems since beginning of August 2019 Windows 10 upgrade

Touch Keyboard problems since beginning of August 2019 Windows 10 upgrade: Hello... Before this present (still ongoing) Windows 10 upgrade, my “touch keyboard” that I use in lieu of the keyboard that attaches to my tablet, was all black with white details, as normal keyboards usually are. Since the start of the upgrade, I was able to find only the...
  10. Repeated problems upgrading from 1803 to to 1903

Repeated problems upgrading from 1803 to to 1903: I have tried every suggestion on multiple forums, but after more than a dozen tries, I cannot get Windows to update to 1903. Here is my most recent setuperr.log data in its entirety. I have no idea what it means but I assume someone at Microsoft would......