Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade query

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade query in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to decide whether to upgrade my Windows 7 64 bit laptop to Windows 10 and first need to know whether or not to unhook my external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jumbochick99, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Windows 10 upgrade query

I am trying to decide whether to upgrade my Windows 7 64 bit laptop to Windows 10 and first need to know whether or not to unhook my external hard drive. Can anyone tell me a little more about Windows 10 with regard to the new browser called Edge, like is there a way to change the default search provider as I'm not a fan of Bing and would rather have Google or Yahoo ? Thanks.*Smile

:)

jumbochick99, Aug 15, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Aug 15, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 upgrade query

I would unhook the drive. Can't hurt.

As for Edge.. is rather rough around the "Edges" right now. But it's developing finely and in time it might be a great browser. For me I only use it for this forum and my Gmail. For the rest I still use FF or Chrome. My suggestion is to just keep using your current browser full time and play with Edge from time to time to see how it works.

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Hi Bunny J (a.k.a Jeff)

Thanks for replying to my post forgive my ignorance in these matters but in your opinion would you recommend upgrading to Windows 10 ? This is the first time I've even come close to upgrading my operating system, I usually have to buy for one reason or another a new laptop which has the latest OS installed, which isn't very doable these days. Can I ask if there is a way to make the blocks on the start screen stay in place without it disappearing every time I shut it down ? I suppose you're wondering how I know about these things, well my mum has Windows 10 on her laptop and to put it mildly she's struggling hence the basic if not daft questions. I hope I've not confused you too much and thanks again for helping me.

Regards

(Tina)

jumbochick99, Aug 16, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Hi Tina.. welcome to the forums.. To be honest,, if you're happy with Windows 7 and it works the way you want it to and you get your things done without an issue I would stick with it for the time being. You have one year to upgrade for free and by then all of the bugs might be worked out with the upgrade from 7 to 10.

Given that you haven't done this before.. well don't try it .. I look at it this way.. if it ain't broke.. don't fix it.

HTH
    Have a great day
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Aug 16, 2015
  7. Hi Jeff (a.k.a Bunny J )

Thanks for your reply, to be honest I've been having problems with Firefox, I'm not sure it's got anything to do with Windows 7 but non the less after paying for a computer technician to fix it I'm still having issues with freezing when scrolling down a page. I will take your advise and wait a while until I can see that Windows 10 is performing as it should, and when that happens if it happens I will upgrade as long as the free version currently available in Windows update is still there.

Regards

Tina () *Cool

jumbochick99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade query

1. Windows 10 upgrade query - Similar Threads - upgrade query

2. Windows 10 Enterprise - upgrade query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise - upgrade query: Hi.We have M365E3 subscriptions for all our users. We have created a test group and added the windows10 enterprise feature to that group. The users in that group confirm they have Windows 10 Enterprise by running winver and noting the version of windows is indeed EnterpriseMy...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise - upgrade query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Enterprise - upgrade query: Hi.We have M365E3 subscriptions for all our users. We have created a test group and added the windows10 enterprise feature to that group. The users in that group confirm they have Windows 10 Enterprise by running winver and noting the version of windows is indeed EnterpriseMy...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise - upgrade query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade - Specifications Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade - Specifications Query: So I've run the upgrade helper & ran the analysis of my machine, I have green ticks for all except for my processor, however it looks like i should have a green tick.Minimum is 1GHz and I have a 2.5GHz, so not sure why it's saying it's not supported.Not an IT person, so...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade - Specifications Query

Windows 11 Upgrade - Specifications Query: So I've run the upgrade helper & ran the analysis of my machine, I have green ticks for all except for my processor, however it looks like i should have a green tick.Minimum is 1GHz and I have a 2.5GHz, so not sure why it's saying it's not supported.Not an IT person, so...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade - Specificiations Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade - Specificiations Query: So I've run the upgrade helper & ran the analysis of my machine, I have green ticks for all except for my processor, however it looks like i should have a green tick.Minimum is 1GHz and I have a 2.5GHz, so not sure why it's saying it's not supported.Not an IT person, so...
  8. Windows 11 Upgrade - Specificiations Query

Windows 11 Upgrade - Specificiations Query: So I've run the upgrade helper & ran the analysis of my machine, I have green ticks for all except for my processor, however it looks like i should have a green tick.Minimum is 1GHz and I have a 2.5GHz, so not sure why it's saying it's not supported.Not an IT person, so...
  9. License related query while upgrading from win10 to win11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License related query while upgrading from win10 to win11.: Dear Team, Here I have a query about win11. In my HP laptop, Win11 upgrade available. I want to know that I have license win10 in my laptop for home & student use. please confirm that if I upgrade window11 from window10. the licensed will be continued or need to buy one more...
  10. License related query while upgrading from win10 to win11.

License related query while upgrading from win10 to win11.: Dear Team, Here I have a query about win11. In my HP laptop, Win11 upgrade available. I want to know that I have license win10 in my laptop for home & student use. please confirm that if I upgrade window11 from window10. the licensed will be continued or need to buy one more...