Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade stop on black screen with two dots

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade stop on black screen with two dots in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today when turning off my dell laptop, it said need to update, I selected to update and restart. It is now stuck on a black screen with two of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gamebro4, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Gamebro4 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade stop on black screen with two dots

Today when turning off my dell laptop, it said need to update, I selected to update and restart. It is now stuck on a black screen with two of the spinning dots frozen.

It sounds like something is happening but I hear chirping sounds once in a while, but nothing seems to be happening. It's been like this for over 30min.

I upgraded to windows 10 only a few weeks ago and had no issues until today.

:)

Gamebro4, Jan 2, 2021

2. Black Screen with circling Dots

I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the
    last 6 hours or so. I pushed the stop button and restarted the PC. Windows logo came up but then went to black screen with the circling dots. Can someone help?

FarfordFarford, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Windows won't start (White dots then black screen)

Hi,

Seeing a black screen with spinning dots would mean that some updates are trying to finalize. However, if those updates fail, a well-known reason could be a third-party antivirus that can cause issues in downloading/installing necessary updates for your
    computer.

For the meantime, we suggest going through this link
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    that would guide you in possibly resolving the issue. Upon clicking the option I see a black screen with spinning dots, You would be shown some steps. You can pause on unplugging unnecessary USB equipment
    and don't proceed with a clean install. That would be necessary for a later time if the steps that we will give won't help.

We suggest checking this link
    How to: Perform a Repair Upgrade Using the Windows 10 ISO file
    . That article created by Andre Da Costa will guide you in repairing broken operating system files while preserving personal files, settings, and installed applications.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade stop on black screen with two dots - Similar Threads - upgrade stop black

2. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  3. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  4. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  5. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  6. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 black screen, white dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 black screen, white dots: I have a Windows 10 pc, I recently had some sort of hard drive issue which my computer told me to restart to solve the issue. I did and it did the C drive fix prompt, but once it finished it went right to the entire black screen with the spinning white dots. I tried...
  8. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  9. Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning)

Windows 10 Stuck on Black Screen with Logo and Only Two Dots (dots stop spinning): Today was a bad day. I had to reformat my laptop. I was breezing through the normal factory reset options for Windows 10 when I was asked to enter in my password for WiFi as Windows had run into an issue and needed to do some kind of update before it continued. This is where...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots

Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots: Hi guys, I know there's many threads on this subject but none seem to answer it for me. System: i7 950 X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 16gb Ram GTX760. Pretty sure it's a Samsung 250gb SSD. So I upgraded W7 to W10 via iso. Install made it all the way. On reboot it's now suck...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen after turning dots windows 10