Windows 10: WIndows 10 upgrade stuck at 1 percent

Discus and support WIndows 10 upgrade stuck at 1 percent in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to upgrade my wife's Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. I used the media creation tool, and turned off my Anti-virus and ran the tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PVaidya1, Mar 17, 2020.

1. PVaidya1 Win User

WIndows 10 upgrade stuck at 1 percent

I was trying to upgrade my wife's Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10.

I used the media creation tool, and turned off my Anti-virus and ran the tool to upgrade, as an Admin.

However it has been stuck at 1% for several hours - please suggest what I need to do to move forward.

If I power off will that cause more issues ?

Thanks

:)

PVaidya1, Mar 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99 percent

3 of my laptops have been stuck at 99 percent for more than 8 hours. What can I do to get Windows 10 upgrade to finish installing?

George Anne, Mar 17, 2020
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Mar 17, 2020
  4. WIndows 10 upgrade stuck at 1 percent

free windows 10 upgrade been stuck on 99 percent installing for hours please help

Hi Kenneth,

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with upgrading the device to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Which is the previous operating system installed on your device?
    • Are you using wired or wireless internet connection?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

I would like to inform that there might be some Windows Upgrade Components Missing or Applications might got corrupted.

I suggest you to check if your issue matches with the below thread.

If so, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Me () and check if it helps.

Updating stuck at 99%

Hope it helps. Update us the status of upgrading to Windows 10 with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 upgrade stuck at 1 percent

1. WIndows 10 upgrade stuck at 1 percent - Similar Threads - upgrade stuck percent

2. Sound for 2 apps stuck at 1 percent in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound for 2 apps stuck at 1 percent in volume mixer: I have 2 apps, Playstation Plus and Steam, whose volumes are both stuck at 1 and I can’t hear anything from. Can’t move their sliders. Spotify and System sounds are both at 100 and I can move the sliders just fine...
  3. Sound for 2 apps stuck at 1 percent in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound for 2 apps stuck at 1 percent in volume mixer: I have 2 apps, Playstation Plus and Steam, whose volumes are both stuck at 1 and I can’t hear anything from. Can’t move their sliders. Spotify and System sounds are both at 100 and I can move the sliders just fine...
  4. resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours: i have searched this issue and found a lot of people saying to just leave it even if it takes a 18 hours more it will eventually get to an end i figured it could take a while because i have a 14tb hdd but the thing is i literally have zero files on the pc 1.Should i wait more...
  5. resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours: i have searched this issue and found a lot of people saying to just leave it even if it takes a 18 hours more it will eventually get to an end i figured it could take a while because i have a 14tb hdd but the thing is i literally have zero files on the pc 1.Should i wait more...
  6. resetting pc stuck on 1 percent for 4 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck in 100 percent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in 100 percent: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pouriakh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/leip6j/stuck_in_100_percent/
  8. Computer stuck resetting at 10 percent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer stuck resetting at 10 percent: I'm doing a full drive reset but its been stuck at 10 percent for the last hour. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-stuck-resetting-at-10-percent/3ebcf07d-10c5-439a-939b-82fd59173cb1
  9. Windows 10 upgrade from 1809 to 1909 stuck at 92 percent

Windows 10 upgrade from 1809 to 1909 stuck at 92 percent: So I bit the bullet today and decide upgrade from 1,809 to 1909. Now it's stuck On working on updates At 92% for the past hour.Is it normally this long? Especially for an SSD? 151259
  10. windows 10 upgrade stuck at 42 percent?

windows 10 upgrade stuck at 42 percent?: Hi, I just performed my windows 10 upgrade from windows 7 using media creation tool, but it seems to be stuck at 42 percent. Even the spinning wheel thing seems to be stopped, and it has been hours since that happened. Should i perform a cold boot? Any help would be...