Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 96%

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 96% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I’m currently upgrading my windows 7 to windows 10 by windows media creator, and I saved nothing from my last windows. I’ve been trough all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Loneeee, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Loneeee Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 96%

Hello,

I’m currently upgrading my windows 7 to windows 10 by windows media creator, and I saved nothing from my last windows.

I’ve been trough all step but this is freezing for 30-40 minutes now.

Here is a picture of my screen https://imgur.com/a/6cZCIZy

The dot is not moving anymore since 30-40 min.

:)

Loneeee, Sep 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 stuck at 99% (Configuring settings 96%)

Hi all;

Steps to where I am now 7 hours after starting the update.

• Fully update and activated release version of Windows 10 10240 upgraded from Windows 7.
    • Windows Update presents me with the TH_2 10525 update.
    • Upgrade went perfectly from start to 99% (Configuring settings 96%) in about 25 minutes.
    Specs

i7 Proc + SSD drive 45gig free disk space

The problem is the upgrade seem to be stuck at 96% and has been for 7 hours.

Question

• I have read in other posts that some waited 24 hours and eventually the install finished, the drive activity light is still indicating activity so is it safe to assume the install is not hung even though it is over 7 hours now at 96% and if so should I
      just wait?
    • At what point do you decide Windows is hung vs Windows is just as mentioned on other posts that say at 96% you data is being backed up do you decide it is actually hung?
    • Should I reboot and if so what are the chances of my ending up with a stable and usable operating system?
    Thanks in advance

Mathew Burazin, Sep 18, 2020
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Dave4181 Win User

Windows Update stuck at 96%(Windows 10)

Hello,

I am doing a windows update on Windows 10, and it got stuck at 96% without showing any errors, it just got stuck there for almost an hour already.

I would appreciate any help on this issue.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

Dave4181, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 96% - Similar Threads - Upgrade stuck 96%

2. Windows stuck on 96% update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck on 96% update: Windows stuck on updates 96% complete. Went through all the steps that was recommended still stuck. What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stuck-on-96-update/8fa077ae-9584-4860-b7c2-cbe8c7cfd394
  3. Windows stuck on 96% update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck on 96% update: Windows stuck on updates 96% complete. Went through all the steps that was recommended still stuck. What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stuck-on-96-update/8fa077ae-9584-4860-b7c2-cbe8c7cfd394
  4. Windows stuck on 96% update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My screen is stuck at 96% with Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stuck at 96% with Windows 10 Update: It has been 2 very long days since I was able to access my PC. Automatic upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck at 96%. Nothing I've tried lets me get out of this screen. I can't access anything on that laptop, and even when I'm desperate I turned off the laptop with the power...
  6. My screen is stuck at 96% with Windows 10 Update

My screen is stuck at 96% with Windows 10 Update: It has been 2 very long days since I was able to access my PC. Automatic upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck at 96%. Nothing I've tried lets me get out of this screen. I can't access anything on that laptop, and even when I'm desperate I turned off the laptop with the power...
  7. My screen is stuck at 96% with Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 update stuck at 96%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update stuck at 96%: I downloaded windows 11 from the settings option and then it started to install. 1 hour went by 94% over and for next 1.5 hours it just moved 2% and been at 96 for quite a while. i tried sfc /scannow in cmd but nothing changed...
  9. Windows 11 update stuck at 96%

Windows 11 update stuck at 96%: I downloaded windows 11 from the settings option and then it started to install. 1 hour went by 94% over and for next 1.5 hours it just moved 2% and been at 96 for quite a while. i tried sfc /scannow in cmd but nothing changed...
  10. Update Stuck At 96% HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Stuck At 96% HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: HiI just need a quick help. My windows 10 is not updating instead it is stuck :Here Are My SpecsHere is my error i cant figure why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stuck-at-96-help/60f0a502-cf82-4e98-a0a7-dbd96475ae1c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update 20h2 stuck at 96