Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade stuck on download

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade stuck on download in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search but found no help Hi can I ask for a little advice please I have two computers my laptop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sam02, Aug 2, 2015.

1. sam02 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade stuck on download

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search but found no help

Hi can I ask for a little advice please
    I have two computers my laptop has updated to windows 10with the automatic upgrade with no problems.
    But my PC will not start the upgrade I was told to look inthe temp folder $Windows.~BT.
    The size of this folder was 5.88 GB. And had been like thatfor a couple of days.
    After reading on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...0832c3bfbbc6MS
    It said that the upgrade might be corrupt I followed the adviceand went to (Windows/ Software Distribution/ Download) and deleted everythingin that folder. Then I ran the command prompt as an administrator. Type in"wuauclt.exe /updatenow".en as advised on the website.
    Almost straight away the windows upgrade started again butit has gone back to the 5.88 Gb and stopped again
    Looking at windows update and view update history I seethere are 6 failed attempts to upgrade to windows 10 all with Error detailscode 80240020
    What next or do I just have to wait

:)

sam02, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade on Lumia 640 XL

Hi folks, since the announcement of windows 10 for lumia device, m trying to upgrade my Lumia 640 xl from 8.1 to windows 10 but failed as everytime the upgrade download stuck at 8%. I m done with factory reset etc but still it stuck in at 8%. Right now
    m on 512kbps bandwidth means 64 kbps download. It's been more then 2 hrs it's stuck at 8%. How to upgrade n get windows 10.

VipinBhatt, Aug 2, 2015
  3. TJoeyZZ Win User
    I've been unable to upgrade my windows 8.1 laptop to windows 10 and it stuck at installation 99%.

* Original title: Windows 10 upgrade

I've been unable to upgrade my windows 8.1 laptop to windows 10. When I try updating through the Get Windows 10 app, I'm stuck on download getting setup files. When I try updating by downloading the Windows 10 upgrade assistant from the microsoft website,
    I get stuck at installation 99%. Any advice?

TJoeyZZ, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade stuck on download

1. Windows 10 upgrade stuck on download - Similar Threads - upgrade stuck download

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 46%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 46%: Hello, I have been having issues upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I run MediaCreatonTool20H2.exe, usually the Windows 10 install gets stuck at 46% on the "Getting Updates" screen. I've tried following guides on the issue, but they haven't helped in solving the...
  3. Stuck on upgrade to windows 10

Stuck on upgrade to windows 10: Im trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 and i get stuck on the part where it says “installing windows 10, your pc will restart several times, this might take a while.” Once it reaches 30% about, it that screen disappears and im at my desktop. No windows 10, and no more...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade stucks at 90%

Windows 10 upgrade stucks at 90%: Hi, Hope to have some solution on the update on the query. This is the 4th time my system is getting reinstalled due to windows 10 update stuck @ 90%.. after waiting for hours i have to forcefully restart the laptop and result it was not able to roll back. after that...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99%.

Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99%.: Upgrade stuck at 99%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade/8d3c5fcd-2ee0-4d38-ae1f-93bf19abece4
  6. Windows 10 upgrade stuck.

Windows 10 upgrade stuck.: I downloaded a windows 10 1809 iso from official MS website to upgrade windows 10 build 1803 to 1809. I downloaded then mounted the iso file, the ran the setup.exe file, setup started fine, but now it is stuck on 32% for more than 3 hours. a pic- [IMG] What can I do?...
  7. Win 10 October upgrade (1809) stuck at 99% download

Win 10 October upgrade (1809) stuck at 99% download: I upgraded all seven of my home computers to 1809 without a problem, but the last computer is stuck at 99%. It was at 92% when I went to bed now its at 99%. On the other computers it took maybe an hour each to download and install. It's been 8 hours now and still not...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10 stuck

Upgrade to Windows 10 stuck: I have got the notification to upgrade to windows 10 via the GWX app. It downloaded via Windows Update and started preparing to download. However while preparing to download it got stuck at 23%. I tried cancelling and restarting the download but same results. I restarted my...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 99%

Windows 10 Upgrade stuck at 99%: I've tried a few fixes I found online but nothing seems to be working. When I first tried I needed more disc space so I formatted my C Drive and reinstalled Windows 7 from a disc. I've left the Windows 10 Upgrader running all night (roughly 13 hours) and it's still stuck at...
  10. Downloading the Windows 10 Upgrade

Downloading the Windows 10 Upgrade: I clicked on the windows 10 upgrade button (Get Windows 10) that appeared in my task bar. The upgrade screen came up and tells me it is "Starting download... Once download is complete, you can start the upgrade, or schedule it for later". I feel that the system is in some...