Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade stuck.

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade stuck. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded a windows 10 1809 iso from official MS website to upgrade windows 10 build 1803 to 1809. I downloaded then mounted the iso file, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aryaman_Kumar, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 upgrade stuck.

I downloaded a windows 10 1809 iso from official MS website to upgrade windows 10 build 1803 to 1809.

I downloaded then mounted the iso file, the ran the setup.exe file, setup started fine, but now it is stuck on 32% for more than 3 hours.

a pic-

Windows 10 upgrade stuck. [​IMG]

What can I do?

:)

Aryaman_Kumar, Jan 8, 2019
  2. aronchick Win User

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade stuck.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade stuck.

1. Windows 10 upgrade stuck. - Similar Threads - upgrade stuck

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%: Hi! I just did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday to hopefully get a functional install to run with but after 24+ hrs of troubleshooting and fixing i finally got windows 10 ready and functional and decided to upgrade to windows 11, currently the update is stuck at 64%...
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%: Hi! I just did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday to hopefully get a functional install to run with but after 24+ hrs of troubleshooting and fixing i finally got windows 10 ready and functional and decided to upgrade to windows 11, currently the update is stuck at 64%...
  4. Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade: My Laptop is stuck on a partly white rectangular part of thr screen. I looked online and someone had the same issue who just updated their windows 11. However, I did not update my laptop so I don’t know why I have the same issue. I am unable to open the taskmanagement and I...
  5. Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade

Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade: My Laptop is stuck on a partly white rectangular part of thr screen. I looked online and someone had the same issue who just updated their windows 11. However, I did not update my laptop so I don’t know why I have the same issue. I am unable to open the taskmanagement and I...
  6. Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond!!: After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond without pressing forced reset button in my PC.The issue happens even when the only applications opened are1-Chrome with 2-3 tabs2-Citrix VDI3-Valorant game4-Wallpaper engine in backgroundWhere...
  8. After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond!!

After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond!!: After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond without pressing forced reset button in my PC.The issue happens even when the only applications opened are1-Chrome with 2-3 tabs2-Citrix VDI3-Valorant game4-Wallpaper engine in backgroundWhere...
  9. After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond: After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond without pressing forced reset button in my PC.The issue happens even when the only applications opened are 1-Chrome with 2-3 tabs2-Citrix VDI3-Valorant game4-Wallpaper engine in...
  10. After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond

After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond: After upgrading my windows 10 to 11, it sometimes get stuck and then do not respond without pressing forced reset button in my PC.The issue happens even when the only applications opened are 1-Chrome with 2-3 tabs2-Citrix VDI3-Valorant game4-Wallpaper engine in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 install stuck on getting ready