Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So I am doing an upgrade on my desktop (currently in progress) and just wondering how long it usually takes? I looked up online and the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Christy_M17, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?

Hello,

So I am doing an upgrade on my desktop (currently in progress) and just wondering how long it usually takes? I looked up online and the upgrade should takes maximum an hour, but as of now it's been 5 hours and still hasn't loaded into Win 10. It's still on the "Getting Updates" "Checking for updates" menu. My desktop is a Dell Inspiron 660 Tower, with a 2nd gen Intel Core i5-2320 processor clocked at 3.0GHz that I bought it 2013. It currently has Windows 7 Professional and I'm upgrade through the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

:)

Christy_M17, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Win 10 Upgrade is taking long time

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that the upgrade to Windows 10 is taking long time. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Do you have a wired net connection on the pc?

• Do you get any error message when you try to upgrade to Windows 10?

Please follow the suggestion from this thread by ZigZag3143 (Windows & Devices for IT Pro MS -MVP

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-showing/75889215-8893-4bd1-a428-8dbea8055b72

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/6c5fa167-467a-42f4-b4d2-91ac2be43c31

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long?

1. Windows 10 Upgrade Taking Too Long? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Taking Too

2. Diskpart takes too long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart takes too long?: So i was about to make a 100% clean install of Windows 10 and cleaned my 512GB drive with diskpart clean all. I read that it should take about an hour per 320GB, but it's been going for more than 3½ hours! According to the named 320GB/hr. about a terabyte should be cleaned by...
  3. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  4. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  5. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  6. windows 10 restart taking too long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 restart taking too long: windows 10 restart taking too long. When I power on and off it takes less than 1 minute but whenever I restart then it takes about 7-10 minutes. I have i5 4670 processor 8gb ram...
  7. Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset Taking Too Long: I recently decided to reset a windows 10 PC with a 1 TB hard drive and a 500 GB SSD, but chose to wipe and clean all storage on both drives. The PC has been running with a black screen for almost a week now with no indication of progress or activity. I have hit the shut down...
  8. Update is taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54
  9. Windows 10 takes too long to boot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes too long to boot.: I know this is a holiday weekend, but I'm set to start a new job working from home. Just as I'm about to go live I'm suddenly noticing that Windows 10 is taking 5 minutes or from turning it on to when I can actually use it. I've already done the basics by looking for malware,...
  10. Windows 10 taking too long to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking too long to boot: I know there are several threads by this name, but my problem, as far as I know, is quite peculiar and I haven't seen anything similar to this in any thread. Yesterday I did a clean install (actually I wiped the whole hard drive and converted it to MBR since it was in GPT and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 1903 taking far too long

2. windows 8 to windows 10 upgrade tool takes too long

3. windows 10 update taking long