Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade to 1909 cant find external memory card

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade to 1909 cant find external memory card in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why cant the upgrade for Windows 10 to 1909 find the external memory card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanSorrells, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 upgrade to 1909 cant find external memory card

Why cant the upgrade for Windows 10 to 1909 find the external memory card

:)

AlanSorrells, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 upgrade to 1909 cant find external memory card

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade to 1909 cant find external memory card

1. Windows 10 upgrade to 1909 cant find external memory card - Similar Threads - upgrade 1909 cant

2. cant find my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant find my external hard drive: cant find my external hard drive my usb port are not reading anything except my usb mouse and all drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-external-hard-drive/5d65fbed-7a01-4f18-9b38-c89579ed7d1f
  3. cant find my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant find my external hard drive: cant find my external hard drive my usb port are not reading anything except my usb mouse and all drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-external-hard-drive/5d65fbed-7a01-4f18-9b38-c89579ed7d1f
  4. Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search function for external memory card doesn't find search terms within documents: On my laptop I store most of my files on an external memory card. The issue is as follows: When I perform a windows search for a keyword in documents on my internal hard drive, it finds all files that contain this word anywhere in the document, but when I perform the search...
  5. Windows 10 pro upgrade - cant find license key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro upgrade - cant find license key: Bought Windows 10 pro from the store to upgrade a laptop runing windows 10 home, there was an issue with the installation and now need to try reinstalling but cannot find the license key. It is not in the confirmation email of the order or in the order history on the...
  6. Cant upgrade windows 10 1909 to 2004- fails with a bsod .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant upgrade windows 10 1909 to 2004- fails with a bsod .: Hi there folks, Have a custom built desktop 10 years old though runs quite speedily. Asus evo motherboard, 4gb ram, Samsung evo SSD Nivida 710 GPU, quad core CPU, no problem running Windows 10 pro 1909 updated from former builds. I am more than happy with how Windows 1909...
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 1909.

Upgrade to Windows 10 1909.: Hello, A few years ago, I lived in France and there I bought me a laptop, HP ENVY Ultrabook, with W10 Home (in French). Now I live in Belgium and I tried to upgrade to W10 version 1909 in Dutch with the Windows 10-upgradeassistent. This without any success up to now ! Can...
  8. win10 version 1909 can not find sound card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 version 1909 can not find sound card: after upgrading to ver 1909 my audio didn't work and win10 said to install a sound card which I did now win10 can not recognize pnp sound card.. disk check said needs more installation in the kernel. I do not understand this so can you tell me what I need to do to make me...
  9. Windows 10 upgrading to 1909

Windows 10 upgrading to 1909: Hello. So, 3 months ago, I bought myself an HP laptop that uses Windows 10, but when I opened it I found out it uses an older version of Windows 10 that came out before versions 1903 and 1909 as I can tell by the Windows Explorer icon. [ATTACH] I then wanted to upgrade my...
  10. downloaded upgrade to external memory

downloaded upgrade to external memory: I downloaded Windows 10 onto a tablet. I did not have enough space on my tablet's hard drive to save the upgrade file, so Windows prompted me to save the file elsewhere. I saved the download to a microSD card. I've since upgraded to Windows 10, and I am wondering if these...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro 1909 sd card error