Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently Running windows 10 but am having trouble with installing the 1909 nov. update. My HP printer doesn't agree with the update I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbidingApple859, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text

Hello, I'm currently Running windows 10 but am having trouble with installing the 1909 nov. update. My HP printer doesn't agree with the update I have an Office jet 3833 and is windows 10 certified. My problem is it skips lines of text while printing, and will not print the Header of my document. The printer was working fine until Microsoft started releasing these updates. I've uninstalled the software and tried everything I could find on the web to no avail including the Microsoft print Diagnostic tool which says it couldn't detect a problem with my printer, and that is when it only prints a page with missing 50 % of text. Any Help would be appreciated.

:)

AbidingApple859, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Kevin_888 Win User

HP DeskJet 9670 printer on Windows 10.

Go to the HP Support Web Site as below...

HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver | HP® Customer Support

In my case I then needed to go to Step 3 and working through from there - my printer was NOT in the list so I had to select the bottom option 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings' and click 'Next', working through their Online
    instructions from there. The next screen will probably give you the option to update the list of printer drivers on your PC: go for that BUT note that it may well appear to have stopped working as it took perhaps 10-15 minutes to update! Go and make a cup
    of coffee in the interim!

If your printer is on one or other of the HP/Hewlett Packard lists then you should be OK, if not, you will need to ascertain which listed printer is the nearest or recommended substitute one to use. HP should have a list of suggestions if it is not too old,
    otherwise try the 9800, which is the one that I have to use for my 9670 (which is A3).

Good luck!

Kevin_888, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Can't get my HP Printer to work on Windows 10

Greg,

I am having the same issues with my HP3600n Color LaserJet not working after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have followed your November 8th Post, details below:

Step 1 - Plug printer in by USB, power on printer, watch for animation in System Tray shown while searching for driver.

• There was no animation in the system try after plugging in the USB cable and powering on the printer.

Click on it to monitor driver install. It may ask to go to Windows Update to pull in the driver.

Step 2 - Type Devices and Printers in Start Search box, open location, do you see the printer there?

• Yes. The printer is listed.
    • Set as Default, if it won't print right click to Troubleshoot.
      • The printer responds to a print request but, instead of printing the sent job it prints out a PCL error as follows:
    PCL XL error

Subsystem KERNEL

Error: IllegalTag

Operator: 0x98

Position: 3

Step 4 - Typed "Update" in Start Search box, Check for Updates, install all including Recommended, expediting restart when requested, going back to Check for more until none are offered.

• Received notification "Your device is up to date. Last checked: Today, 2:52 PM (it is now 2:52 PM)

Did the printer driver arrive? No.

Step 5 - Download the basic driver (if no scan) or software (if scanning needed) package for the printer from the HP Support Downloads webpage for your exact make/model. Install the software with the printer USB unplugged, wait for it to prompt to plug
    it in.

Let us know how this works. It may require a few extra steps.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03515691

• Downloaded Dot4x64.msi from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

• Downloaded HP_CLJ3600_64Bit_HB.exe from HP support. Installed the software (with printer USB unplugged), plugged it in when prompted. This driver did not work. I received the same KERNEL error as above.

So, at this point, I have followed all steps with no success. I can "see" the printer in Devices and Printers however, the printer ICON doesn't look like a HP3600n, it is the Windows default printer ICON. Normally when the properly drivers are installed
    the ICON is customized to look like the installed device or printer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I might try?

Thanks!

Dave Williams

David T. Williams, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text

HP Printer will not print since Windows 10 upgrade

I am at my the end of my tether. I have tried everything and nothing is working. The printer has not printed anything since my upgrade to Windows 10.

What I have done so far:

• Up dated the driver for Windows 10 _HP Photosmart C4783. The HP Solution Center shows my printer is connected.
    • Deselected that network item listed in previous posts in the configure port window.
    • Reloaded the drivers.
    • reconfigured the Wireless network via the HP install app.
    • Ran the trouble shooter. It cannot repair the issue.
    My next step is to throw the printer away and buy a new one.

Please help

Speedemon-SA, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text

1. Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text - Similar Threads - upgrade november 1909

2. Command line Windows 10 1909 upgarde

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command line Windows 10 1909 upgarde: Hello Im using the line SETUP.EXE /Auto Upgrade /showoobe none /pkey XXXX /DynamicUpdate enable /migratedrivers all /copylogs C:\Windows\Temp To upgrade our windows 10 machines to 1909 build using the command line remotly this starts of fine, however i have a machine...
  3. Windows 10 update November 2019 1909 - Printer issue still not resolved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update November 2019 1909 - Printer issue still not resolved: My printers stopped working after the last Windows 10 update in October 2019. Unfortunately I was not able to remove the specific KB update which created the issue because it was not listed anymore after the version update... I just installed the last 1909 release hoping...
  4. Windows 10 November update 1909 random Restarts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 November update 1909 random Restarts: Hello everybody, so i installed the november update when it went live and today suddenly my PC just restarted twice in the last few hours. It just suddenly restarts with no warnings like BSOD or lagging or hanging (while just watching YouTube videos). I think there is no...
  5. installation of windows 10 november update 1909

installation of windows 10 november update 1909: I currently have windows 10 1809. Today i saw an option to update to Windows 10 1909 . I want to know if there will be any sort of problem if I directly update my system to Windows 10 1909? I also want to know that do problems in Windows 10 1903 still exist like high CPU...
  6. Missing Line In on Windows 10

Missing Line In on Windows 10: Today I noticed my "line in" is missing on my Dell computer running Windows 10. Not only that, when it was listed I was not able to enable it. Please help because I use the function to achive my old CDs....
  7. why is my hp printer offline

in Windows 10 Support
    why is my hp printer offline: why is my hp printer offline Normally, your printer back at home or office could be offline due to a variety of reasons. It could be that your printer’s drivers that operate the printer for your computer could have become corrupt or outdated. Or, the cable that connects them...
  8. Windows 10 and my HP printer

Windows 10 and my HP printer: I have been using my wireless HP printer ever since I installed it when I purchased Windows 10. Now Windows 10 has decided it is not connected!!! It is, of course but Windows 10 appears to have stopped communicating with it. Can you advise what I should do?...
  9. Text size on printer HP Envy 5540

Text size on printer HP Envy 5540: How do I increase the size of the text on my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/text-size-on-printer-hp-envy-5540/cd0383e0-3d1a-48cb-b2c2-8c8291781a6d
  10. Windows 10 upgrade or not as the case maybe!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade or not as the case maybe!: Over the last few weeks/months my computer has been gently reminding me that i can upgrade to Windows 10 and i've just pressed no or pressed x or whatever as i just dont want to get involved. The other day it got a bit more serious with me though - a big screen came up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp printet driver windows 10 1909