Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1903 - it has a HUGE problem with Touchpad settings -- a...

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1903 - it has a HUGE problem with Touchpad settings -- a... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last week I upgraded from Windows 10 version 1803 to the new major upgrade 1903. It was a DISASTER, but fortunately I discovered the problem early... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Saba Mo, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Saba Mo Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1903 - it has a HUGE problem with Touchpad settings -- a...

Last week I upgraded from Windows 10 version 1803 to the new major upgrade 1903. It was a DISASTER, but fortunately I discovered the problem early enough to revert back to version 1803.

The problem is with the Synaptics Touchpad settings. Version 1903 lacks the ability to set the touchpad properties. In earlier versions, including 1803, you can customize the touchpad to recognize gestures, scrolling, etc., via the "Synaptics" tab on the Mouse settings dialog box. In particular, you can disable the "tap-to-click" feature. This is critical, because tap-to-click is an utterly horrible feature -- even when set to minimum sensitivity, it constaltly results in unintended selections. When it is active and you touch the touchpad to move the cursor or scroll, if the cursor is on anything that can be selected (text, a link, a button, etc.), the touchpad thinks you want to select it and the O/S then does whatever the selection is. This is more than just annoying -- it can cause data loss or result in other irreversible actions that you had no intention of doing.

Windows 10 version 1903 arbitrarily enables the tap-to-click function of the touchpad and gives you NO WAY TO DISABLE IT.

This was so terrible that I had no choice but to revert to the previous version 1803.

I will NOT be upgrading Windows 10 to any future upgrade that does not fix this problem, no matter what advantages Microsoft says it has.

==> Is there any way to get Microsoft to re-instate the full touchpad settings dialog box?

If dropping the touchpad settings dialog box was unintentional, they should have no problem restoring it right away.

But if they dropped it intentionally, then someone at Microsoft was showing a lot of arrogance that he/she/they could make such an arbitrary decision about a critical user input device.

:)

Saba Mo, Aug 30, 2019

2. Synaptics touchpad settings or gestures missing in windows 10

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer

See which version of Windows 10 you have
      ).

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section Troubleshooting when TouchPad does not work from Using the TouchPad or ClickPad
    (Windows 10)
    and see if this helps resolve the TouchPad issue.

For reference, you may also refer to the suggestions from ShivamKrishn dated 06-08-2015 from

Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1903 - it has a HUGE problem with Touchpad settings -- a...

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1903 - it has a HUGE problem with Touchpad settings -- a...

1. Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1903 - it has a HUGE problem with Touchpad settings -- a... - Similar Threads - Upgrade Version 1903

2. Upgrade windows 10 version 1903 to version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade windows 10 version 1903 to version 1909: Hi May someone help me to do correct update version? I made a usb bootable flash that has to update current version 1903 to new version1909.while try to boot,when i choose option to no files be delet, error say update is not pissible thrue update with media storage!!...
  3. Cortana is set for a huge upgrade on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana is set for a huge upgrade on Windows 10: Windows 10 May 2020 Update updates Windows Search experience, improves the overall experience and it also brings more changes to Cortana. With last year’s update, Microsoft added a new search box in Windows 10 and Cortana is now being moved to a separate app updated from the...
  4. Upgrade to 1903 version

Upgrade to 1903 version: Hello,It seems to me that soon I'll have to upgrade the system to 1903. (No for 1909)I have the iso file (downloaded sometime ago) "Win10_1903_V2_English_x64.iso" which is 10.0.18362 356 9-Sep-2019.Have last SSU KB4541338 9-Mar-2020.Have last Cum. Updt. KB4551762...
  5. Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903

Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903: I have been trying to upgrade my machine for the last two months on and off, and it is currently getting stuck at 60% and reports that it is unable to install some windows components. I have run setupdiag and it gives me the error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found....
  6. upgrading to 1903 version Windows 10

upgrading to 1903 version Windows 10: I was unable to upgrade from version 1803 to 1903, W 10. (It takes a long time due to a skipped version.) Windows tech tried, stilled failed. It was downloading and preparing, but when it came to final install and restarting several times, it failed. W tech put an iOS file on...
  7. Problem in upgrading the my windows 10 version 1903

Problem in upgrading the my windows 10 version 1903: I am having trouble in upgrading my windows 10 version 1903 whenever it starts installing it opens up a dialog box and says uninstall avast antivirus as it is not compatible with windows 10 , though I have not installed avast antivirus application in my laptop....
  8. Upgrade to Version 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Version 1903: After completing the latest security updates on Windows version 1809, there is a message about downloading the latest 1903 version, however it has the following note; The windows 10 May 2019 upgrade is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your...
  9. Upgrade to Version 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade to Version 1903: After completing the latest security updates on Windows version 1809, there is a message about downloading the latest 1903 version, however it has the following note; The windows 10 May 2019 upgrade is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your...
  10. windows 10 version 1903 upgrade

windows 10 version 1903 upgrade: Error code: (0x80070570) when installing windows 10. I have tried to update 3 times. What is wrong? Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903-upgrade/14f69610-895c-4c77-bd52-8bc8507e77d2