Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All I have a computer bought from a distributor running Win 10 Home and I want to know if it's possible for me to purchase Windows 10 Pro OEM and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kieferschild, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro

Hi All

I have a computer bought from a distributor running Win 10 Home and I want to know if it's possible for me to purchase Windows 10 Pro OEM and upgrade the Home to Pro without reinstalling it?

thanks.

:)

kieferschild, Apr 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using OEM Disc and key

Hi, Andre

I have the same problem. I have a Windows 10 Pro OEM key and can't enter it directly to force the upgrade.

I read that even if I follow your suggestion, I won't be able to activate the Win 10 Pro (obtained via your easy upgrade method) with my OEM key.

Can you confirm that the OEM key will work to activate the Windows 10 Pro obtained via easy upgrade?

Thanks

Bruno

BrunoPascoal, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Apr 20, 2021
  4. iiWWee Win User

Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro

Is it still possible to upgrade OEM Window 10 from HOME to PRO with a valid windows 8 OEM PRO key?

I purchased a windows 8 OEM Pro key several years ago. Recently I bought a laptop with Windows 10 HOME. I want to upgrade it Windows 10 Pro. It is possible to make it with the Windows 8 Pro key? If yes, what steps are there? Many thanks!

iiWWee, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro

1. Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro - Similar Threads - upgrade using OEM

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 pro oem key

Windows 10 pro oem key: Hello, I have an OEM windows 10 pro key, but the code VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T from Microsoft does not work to get me from the home version to the pro version. Help!...
  6. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 pro using OEM key: Hello, my desktop is win 10 home edition. I just bought a win 10 pro OEM key, but I still cannot upgrade my win 10 home to pro. It is appreciated for your help....
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key: We purchased a new computer which included an OEM Product Key for Windows 10 Pro. Rather than install Windows and then copy all the data and apps from our old computer which had Windows 10 Home, we cloned the old hard-drive to the new PC. This means the new computer is...
  8. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  9. Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade

Windows 10 Pro OEM - Upgrade: Hi I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro OEM on DVD. With this PC I d like to use my old SSD drive. So I insert an old SSD drive in my new computer but I can not install Windows 10 Pro OEM on it. SSD drive was installed with Windows 10 Home OEM before. I boot my new Win 10...
  10. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key: Hi all, I have a windows 10 home device but I would like to be able to use a pro version of Windows 10, I have a copy of windows 7 pro and I was wondering if the key can be used in the store to upgrade the version of windows to win10 pro. I have entered the key and it said...