Windows 10: windows 10 upgrade via linked license

Discus and support windows 10 upgrade via linked license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; either me or a family member is thinking about getting a laptop for me, but i'm stuck on the licensing part. i'm pretty sure i have a digital pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by orangeturtle197, Mar 28, 2020.

1. windows 10 upgrade via linked license

either me or a family member is thinking about getting a laptop for me, but i'm stuck on the licensing part. i'm pretty sure i have a digital pro license linked to my account, but don't know how to upgrade from without a product key or buying a new license. my current laptop is on a pro license automatically linked to my account, probably family shared, but i had to find some random activation code for it on a shady website in google search. whats the solution?

:)

orangeturtle197, Mar 28, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Mar 28, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

windows 10 upgrade via linked license

Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 upgrade via linked license

1. windows 10 upgrade via linked license - Similar Threads - upgrade via linked

2. Upgraded via fake License key and how to downgrade ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded via fake License key and how to downgrade ?: I have asus a17 which comes with preinstalled windows 10 home . i upgraded my windows to pro via a fraud key and its linked to my account . how i can downgrade to home only ?...
  3. Upgraded via fake License key and how to downgrade ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded via fake License key and how to downgrade ?: I have asus a17 which comes with preinstalled windows 10 home . i upgraded my windows to pro via a fraud key and its linked to my account . how i can downgrade to home only ?...
  4. Upgraded via fake License key and how to downgrade ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and digital license linked to MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and digital license linked to MS account: I just completed the upgrade to Windows 10 but did not need to input a license key#. Apparently, my Windows 10 is activated with a digital license linked to my MS account. Does anyone know whether there is an expiry date for such license? For example, my MS account was...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and digital license linked to MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and digital license linked to MS account: I just completed the upgrade to Windows 10 but did not need to input a license key#. Apparently, my Windows 10 is activated with a digital license linked to my MS account. Does anyone know whether there is an expiry date for such license? For example, my MS account was...
  7. Upgrading Windows Home to Pro via linked digital license.

Upgrading Windows Home to Pro via linked digital license.: On my old laptop I had a Windows 10 Pro license that was linked to my microsoft account. On my new laptop it came with Windows 10 home and I want to swap that to the Pro license I have. How do I do this, as I don't have the pro product key to hand anymore?...
  8. Linking Windows 10 digital license?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Linking Windows 10 digital license?: I installed and activated Windows 10. I also signed in with my Microsoft account to link the digital license. Later on there was a problem due to which I had to re-install Windows. I did not sign in with my Microsoft account this time and only made a Local account. Windows...
  9. Windows 10 License transferral and linking.

Windows 10 License transferral and linking.: My pc recently broke and I had windows 10 installed on it. I'm planning to completely replace my pc. Now, I still want to reuse my Windows 10 on it, since it's a Pro version. I read online about how it's possible if my license is linked to my Microsoft Account. Question is,...
  10. Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license

Windows 10 Pro upgrade via digital license: I recently upgraded from Home to Pro. But upon the first reboot, my computer said I was running an unauthorized version of WIN10 Enterprise. I upgraded to Pro not Enterprise and now I can't activate my computer because it's looking for an Enterprise digital license. What...