Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade. Where are my pictures?

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade. Where are my pictures? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded to windows 10. I've found articles to find my old files and have done that. But the pictures that I had are gone. Where and why were they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike & PaulaCrelin, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 upgrade. Where are my pictures?

I upgraded to windows 10. I've found articles to find my old files and have done that. But the pictures that I had are gone. Where and why were they removed with this upgrade. Also if I uninstall windows 10 and go back to the previous version will they return?

:)

Mike & PaulaCrelin, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 22, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade. Where are my pictures?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade. Where are my pictures?

1. Windows 10 upgrade. Where are my pictures? - Similar Threads - upgrade Where are

2. Where are my pictures? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my pictures? Windows 10: I can't open try to open pictures some of them open, but the bulk of them show an empty folder. Can you help me?Also, the font on the menu at the top of display are so small and the titles on the tabs opened are also so small. I have trouble reading them. Is there a way to...
  3. Where are my pictures? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my pictures? Windows 10: I can't open try to open pictures some of them open, but the bulk of them show an empty folder. Can you help me?Also, the font on the menu at the top of display are so small and the titles on the tabs opened are also so small. I have trouble reading them. Is there a way to...
  4. Where are my pictures? Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Where are my pictures and videos?

Where are my pictures and videos?: Hello all,Thanks to the community, it seems I have been able to import all of my pictures and videos from my Samsung cell phone to the computer, using the "Import pictures and videos" option. My meaning by "seems" is that the process did not show any special errors, it just...
  6. Where are my pictures and documents???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are my pictures and documents???: I reinstalled Win 10 because of an intractable problem with cookies and passwords being erased by an unknown cause. Now I cannot find my pictures and documents. Only a fraction went onto Onedrive. There were on file location on disk C:. Where are they???...
  7. Where's 'My Pictures'?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where's 'My Pictures'?: Recently had Win 10 installed on what was my Win 7 machine. I can't find 'My Pictures' folder! I had quite a few in there. Can I find that folder now, or enable it again?...
  8. Where are my pictures??

Where are my pictures??: I'm trying to upload my photos to Snapfish to make a calendar, but when I go to upload them, they are not on my computer. How do I get my photos off of Microsoft photos? Plus when I go to the albums I created in Microsoft photos, they just shut down the program when I try to...
  9. where are my pictures?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    where are my pictures?: I've taken my photos With an iPhone Over the years . They are all supposed to magically Go to one place , I guess the Icloud . I find bits and pieces In lots of places but not all of them in one place . Also They are always pre-sorted due too EXIF or something . I'm old...
  10. where are my pictures?

in Browsers and Email
    where are my pictures?: *Mad It loads this tiny cloud thingy, double click on the message, still no picture, I have to REPLY to be able to see it, that just ain't right! I tried to look on the help screen, nothing there, I cannot even find the setting for how often I would like it to check my mail.,...