Windows 10: windows 10 upgrade which turned out to be down grade to windows 7 from purchased laptop w8...

Discus and support windows 10 upgrade which turned out to be down grade to windows 7 from purchased laptop w8... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; so i try since along time to solve this with microsoft but to no avail anyone know what to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Horst_846, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Horst_846 Win User

windows 10 upgrade which turned out to be down grade to windows 7 from purchased laptop w8...

so i try since along time to solve this with microsoft but to no avail anyone know what to do?

:)

Horst_846, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 5, 2019
  3. 64K
    64K Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

4. windows 10 upgrade which turned out to be down grade to windows 7 from purchased laptop w8...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 upgrade which turned out to be down grade to windows 7 from purchased laptop w8...

1. windows 10 upgrade which turned out to be down grade to windows 7 from purchased laptop w8... - Similar Threads - upgrade turned down

2. How to down grade back to windows 10 from windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to down grade back to windows 10 from windows 11 upgrade: How can I revert back to Windows 10 back from Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-down-grade-back-to-windows-10-from-windows/dd81283e-6595-4e26-999a-ad1a4c886341
  3. How to down grade back to windows 10 from windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to down grade back to windows 10 from windows 11 upgrade: How can I revert back to Windows 10 back from Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-down-grade-back-to-windows-10-from-windows/dd81283e-6595-4e26-999a-ad1a4c886341
  4. How to down grade back to windows 10 from windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to down grade newly purchase window 11 to window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to down grade newly purchase window 11 to window 10: Purchase a PC three months ago, it is window 11, I am trying to take a proctor exam but they don't support window 11. The tech suggest to downgrade to window 10. how to do that?...
  6. How to down grade newly purchase window 11 to window 10

How to down grade newly purchase window 11 to window 10: Purchase a PC three months ago, it is window 11, I am trying to take a proctor exam but they don't support window 11. The tech suggest to downgrade to window 10. how to do that?...
  7. up grade from 7 to 10

up grade from 7 to 10: Is the upgrade to 10 still available for free. I tried it when the free offer was available but decided to continue with windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-grade-from-7-to-10/b5100b20-d8aa-4ff7-8851-21accfe2e4b4
  8. DOWN GRADE TO WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOWN GRADE TO WINDOWS 10: Hello, I just purchased a HP all in yesterday 12-14-21 and Windows 11 automatically installed. Well I will be working from home in a few weeks and my employer said the software the company use is not compatible with Windows 11 and I need Windows 10. I have followed the...
  9. DOWN GRADE TO WINDOWS 10

DOWN GRADE TO WINDOWS 10: Hello, I just purchased a HP all in yesterday 12-14-21 and Windows 11 automatically installed. Well I will be working from home in a few weeks and my employer said the software the company use is not compatible with Windows 11 and I need Windows 10. I have followed the...
  10. how to recover product key for windows 10, which was graded from windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to recover product key for windows 10, which was graded from windows 7: My PC had Windows 7 OS originally. I upgraded to windows 10 while it was free. About 6 months ago, the PC got virus and forced me to reinstall the original OS, windows 7. My question is that is it possible to recover the Windows 10 product key, the free upgraded product...