Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade will not reconize printer fixed

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade will not reconize printer fixed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Spend the last 3 days, installing and uninstalling printer driver, run printer troubleshoot dozen of times, etc.etc.etc. Until for some reason decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MARIOCICERALE, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 upgrade will not reconize printer fixed

Spend the last 3 days, installing and uninstalling printer driver, run printer troubleshoot dozen of times, etc.etc.etc. Until for some reason decided to plug the printer in a different port (front) . At soon I plugged , windows recognize the printer and set a new icon (Copy1) Start printing like a charm, actually faster than before. Hope this can help, it worked for me.

:)

MARIOCICERALE, Dec 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 upgrade will not reconize printer fixed

Windows 10 Printer anomaly

Hi Weescotsman,

Disconnect all the external devices ( scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...), except mouse, printer and the keyboard.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade will not reconize printer fixed

1. Windows 10 upgrade will not reconize printer fixed - Similar Threads - upgrade reconize printer

2. Windows 10 is not reconizing blank disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is not reconizing blank disc: I have a new HP with Windows 10 installed on it. I am trying to burn some music to a disc. Everytime i put a blank disc in its spits it out and says the disc is not Blank. HOWEVER, IT IS BLANK. Please help. Thank you,...
  3. Not reconizing LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not reconizing LAN: All of a sudden Windows 10 does not find my LAN device. I have tried all I know and have found but, nothing works for me. None of my test even find my network or IP address. It's as if there is not a LAN installed. At startup the connection at the computer blinks orange...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade printer problem.

Windows 10 upgrade printer problem.: How do I solve HP Color Laserjet printer problem following Windows10 upgrade? Printer message: "Unsupported Personality:: UNKNOWN". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-printer-problem/39d626e7-24c7-4850-8723-4041e27db459
  5. Windows 10 upgrade printer inoperative

Windows 10 upgrade printer inoperative: Gateway FX6800 with Lexmark P4350 All-in-One printer/scanner. Printer and scanner worked correctly on Windows 7 prior to upgrade. After upgrade, printer is not recognized. Printer is connected through USB port. Reinstalled applications and drivers from original source....
  6. Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer: Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner/5139b993-fcab-411b-861c-d646362a7818
  7. Fix for Canon printer not scanning after upgrade to WIndows 10

Fix for Canon printer not scanning after upgrade to WIndows 10: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and then my older Canon MP160 printer would no longer scan. It would print, but not scan. I saw a question about this in the Microsoft community, but no fixes in the responses. You don't need to buy a new printer! After several attempts...
  8. ghost recon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ghost recon: hi there i have just recently upgraded too windows 10 from 8.1 . having some bother trying too rteinstall some off the games i play , i cant seem too get ghost recon future soldier installed, anyone have ant ideas p[lz? thanks would be real appreciated.......regards john 44990
  9. Fix For Ghost Recon Future Soldier on 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix For Ghost Recon Future Soldier on 10: Hello Everyone, i just did the upgrade to 10 from 7 yesterday, and everything seems to be working so far, still in testing mode, i downloaded the latest driver for windows 10 this morning and did a Clean install of the latest drivers , but when i launch ghost re con future...
  10. Bootcamp Windows 10 Thunderbolt not reconized

Bootcamp Windows 10 Thunderbolt not reconized: I just rebooted my MacBook pro retina and reinstalled windows 10 via bootcamp. I have an external ssd and I usually rely on thunderbolt. It also have usb 3. Problem is, thunderbolt is not being recognized in windows 10. It works with the os x partition. So I am trying to find...