Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade without consent, and NO EULA was issued

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade without consent, and NO EULA was issued in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use my computer mainly for use with HAM Radio and satellite tracking, there are some legacy programs that are barely runnable in Win7 and won't run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by briandarley, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 upgrade without consent, and NO EULA was issued

I use my computer mainly for use with HAM Radio and satellite tracking, there are some legacy programs that are barely runnable in Win7 and won't run at all on Win10.

I have already tried a WIN10 PC and could not get my software to work correctly. While we were doing an event yesterday one of our tech guys asked my what version I was running and I said Win7, he looks at the start window and says, Are you sure?

Come to find out in the last week, Microsoft has pushed Win10 to my machine and I had no clue until yesterday. This is totally WRONG, and as soon as I get the chance I will be going back. Have to back up the computer before trying as I have to much to lose if something happens.

This is totally unacceptable. I was NEVER prompted to upgrade, NOR was there any EULA for me to accept. I left my PC on last week as I was working on updating TLE files, and never once did I notice something wrong, or that my computer had restarted.

I just powered my computer on today after getting it unladed from the truck and placed back in the house, and I was asked to provide a PIN. I know this is a WIN10 item as 7 never had that. This goes to prove that they are pushing this on everyone without knowledge and or permission.

That's my rant. If there was something else out there I would use it, but Windows was the only backwards compatible system out there, but now that Win10 is here, that has gone out the door. Thanks Microsoft, you suck.

:)

briandarley, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade without consent, and NO EULA was issued

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade without consent, and NO EULA was issued

1. Windows 10 upgrade without consent, and NO EULA was issued - Similar Threads - upgrade without consent

2. Windows 11 upgrade without consent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 upgrade without consent: My windows upgraded to windows 11 while in sleep mode without my consent. How do I go back to windows 10, restore my previous settings and eliminate the possibility of this occurring again?...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade without consent: My windows upgraded to windows 11 while in sleep mode without my consent. How do I go back to windows 10, restore my previous settings and eliminate the possibility of this occurring again?...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent: Hello, I recently activated a windows 10 Home version on my new laptop. However I was shocked to discover that in my next bootup of computer, windows require another activation. Anyone knows how to reverse the upgrade? Thank you...
  6. Windows Updates Without Prompt or Consent

Windows Updates Without Prompt or Consent: This is extremely frustrating. I'm playing my games and windows will forcefully restart without my consent and do an update. How the **** do I fix this? How is this even aloud?...
  7. Without my consent.

Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...
  8. Windows 10 eula

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 eula: I'm in college teacher wants us to send him the w10 EULA image agreement terms. How I can find it also from others windows 41353
  9. Windows 10 EULA

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 EULA: My present computer which has Windows 10 purchased from the Windows shop. I want to replace my motherboard and i5 processor for a faster i7. My question is can I install the Windows 10 that I had onm my i5 computer or will I need to purchase a new Windows 10 to remain...
  10. Microsoft pushes Windows 10 upgrade to PCs without user consent

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes Windows 10 upgrade to PCs without user consent: OUCH! But that upgrade over one 7 install didn't go so well! First a look a the report! Microsoft pushes Windows 10 upgrade to PCs without user consent [img] Confirms it has been silently downloading massive upgrade to Windows machines via automatic...