Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade won't work and is wiping my drives

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade won't work and is wiping my drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have been trying to upgrade to W10 from W7 and have encountered the following problem. When I try "Create an installationUSB for another PC"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelSimmonite, May 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade won't work and is wiping my drives

Hi

I have been trying to upgrade to W10 from W7 and have encountered the following problem.

When I try "Create an installationUSB for another PC" it not only fails to download, it has now wiped one USB and one external hard drive which can no longer be opened or formatted. The computer does not recognise either anymore.

How the hell do I resolve this?

And how the hell do I get windows 10 installed?

Each time I try to download it we run to the end and then I'm told Windows 10 has not been installed.

I am the wrong end of annoyed

:)

MichaelSimmonite, May 10, 2019

2. My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, May 10, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade won't work and is wiping my drives

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade won't work and is wiping my drives

1. Windows 10 Upgrade won't work and is wiping my drives - Similar Threads - Upgrade won't wiping

2. Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10: Hello all, I just bought a new computer with Win11. HP Envy I think. Anyway I want to wipe clean Old Computer #1. I went online and found these instructions and want to know if your agree with it: How to wipe a hard drive - Windows 10Press the Windows key.Type “Settings” to...
  3. Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10: Hello all, I just bought a new computer with Win11. HP Envy I think. Anyway I want to wipe clean Old Computer #1. I went online and found these instructions and want to know if your agree with it: How to wipe a hard drive - Windows 10Press the Windows key.Type “Settings” to...
  4. Wiping my hard drive clean Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 C drive wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 C drive wiped: Good afternoon everyone, Yesterday when I got home from work my computer was off and upon turning it on it went through the set up for a new user profile. All of my old C drive files were gone. My old user account was gone and a new useradministrator account that i did not...
  6. Windows 10 Installation on my "accidentally wiped hard drive" won't work Read Description

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation on my "accidentally wiped hard drive" won't work Read Description: Hi I have a wiped hard disk and i'm getting stuck at the HP Logo or sometimes it displays a I/O error or sometimes other random errors. If you read this post you will know what happened:...
  7. Wiping PC and upgrading windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiping PC and upgrading windows 10: I have Windows 10 education edition but no longer have access to the college account it is registered to, meaning I no longer have admin privileges on my own computer. I own a new copy of Windows 10 Home. How do I go about wiping my pc and downloading it? submitted by...
  8. Windows 10 won't wipe.

Windows 10 won't wipe.: I tried to wipe my Windows 10 completely and remove all my files but when I try to restart it says there was a problem and no changes were made. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-wont-wipe/c9960956-228c-492b-a0d3-933b806e80f0
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade won't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade won't work: I have the notification that the Windows 10 Upgrade is available on my older Windows 7 computer, but when I try to upgrade, I get a notice that my processor is not compatible. That's fine, it's an older computer, but I am constantly getting the notification to upgrade....
  10. Wipe upgraded Windows 10 to sell

Wipe upgraded Windows 10 to sell: I'm planning to sell my Surface Pro 3. I upgraded it to Windows 10 (but not the Creators update). I would just like to be sure that if I select the "Remove Everything" (from the "Reset this Computer" screen) that this will not remove my Windows 10. I'm concerned that...