Windows 10: windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded windows 10 on my pc but forgot to download to my laptop. Can I still get an access to that update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DOLLYO1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. DOLLYO1 Win User

windows 10 upgrade

I downloaded windows 10 on my pc but forgot to download to my laptop. Can I still get an access to that update?

:)

DOLLYO1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 upgrade

1. windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Window 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate VSS does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate VSS does not work: I have a Windows 10 installation that I cannot backup because I get a VSS error x80004306.I have checked VSS is working Automatic and ON. There is 100 Gig on 1TB SSD of disk space for snapshot. I have checked almost everything I can find on the web. But no luck.Also I...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Fails. Troubleshooter Fails.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Fails. Troubleshooter Fails.: The purchase through Windows store was successful. I got no email for confirmation and no KEY. I get that Windows will handle the digital license through the Store but it is screwing up, and I need the key. In system settings - Activation, it says "We can't activate...
  4. Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - on a dual-boot laptop

Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - on a dual-boot laptop: This is probably an unfair question to ask in this forum. But given the depth of expertise, someone might have advice to offer! I have recently done successful clean installs and activations of Win 10 with the help of Shawn Brink's tutorials and advice from other forum...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Education: I am currently a student using Windows 10 Home. One of my assignments require me to check my Local Security Policy on my PC, which isn't available on Windows 10 Home. The school gave me a product key for Windows 10 Education to upgrade from Home. When I enter the product key...
  6. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and Kernal Security Error after RAM upgrade: I have a Dell Inspiron 7577 Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928 with a single stick of 16GB RAM stock. I recently purchased a 16GBx2 RAM Kit from Crucial (CT2K16G4SFD832A) which per their compatibility tool should be compatible. I attempted to install the new RAM, both sticks...
  7. How to upgrade standalone network win 10 1909 to 20H2?

How to upgrade standalone network win 10 1909 to 20H2?: I have a window 10 ver 1909 laptop with no internet connection.How do I upgrade this laptop to 20H2?please advice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-standalone-network-win-10-1909-to/5eb82921-9bf4-47aa-a808-3dbbe6c0466d
  8. Upgrading to 10 Pro

Upgrading to 10 Pro: Are any files, photos and or installed programs lost during the process of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-10-pro/595fc35f-e749-41ab-9e99-837c3cb0dfbf
  9. Upgrading M.2 NVMe drives in Laptop - Disk format sector size change

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading M.2 NVMe drives in Laptop - Disk format sector size change: Hi, recently bought a Honor Magicbook 15 2020 AMD Ryzen 5 4500U 8gb (2 x 4GB Hynix 2667MHz) 500gb m.2 NVMe (WD SN530) UEFI BIOS - InsydeH20 v1.05 Windows 10 Home (20H2) Bought the 15" version as it has internal space for a 2nd drive (2.5" SSD) though a smaller battery than...
  10. Downloaded games in Windows Store gone after upgrading PC and Windows Version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloaded games in Windows Store gone after upgrading PC and Windows Version: I bought a few games on the store before upgrading to a gaming PC and now the games don't show up on my list. I've tried re-logging but didn't help. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64...