Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever sence the first Windows 10 upgrade our computers have had conflicts with certain programs. Sence the last upgrade; We have lost our DVD Drive, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ona_548, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Ona_548 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Ever sence the first Windows 10 upgrade our computers have had conflicts with certain programs.

Sence the last upgrade; We have lost our DVD Drive, I cannot email or save reports because it will only do txt format. Nothing is reading and converting to PDF. Now they say I half to buy a program for that. I decided to back up my computer and take it back to factory condition. Problem is my DVD reader and writer wont read. How do you reboot without that?

I am more than frustrated. I am not tech savey, I am intermittently disabled and I depend on this computer for so much. I tried to let techs take over my machine once and got taken to the cleaners bad.

so far I see no answers on here from Microsoft personally. Is there a fix coming?

:)

Ona_548, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade

1. Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Spam and unwanted emails since October upgrade of Windows 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spam and unwanted emails since October upgrade of Windows 10.: Ever since I upgraded to the Windows 10 October 2019 upgrade, I have been receiving disgusting spam and unwanted emails. I do not use Outlook, so please do not give me instructions on how to get rid of them through Outlook. I use Thunderbird and did not have that problem...
  3. Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise without product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise without product key: Hi All, I hope you can help. Our company previously used the old MS MAK licensing however, about 6 months ago we moved to Windows CSP licensing. We were originally told that machines using the old MAK keys won't be effected and will continue to work. Just over a month ago...
  4. random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random BSOD Kernel-power(41) error after upgrading to Windows 10 Education: recently had to upgrade to Windows 10 Education from Windows 10 for my study. After upgrading I've had random BSOD crashes multiple times a day (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION), it doesn't seem to matter if i'm running programs or if the laptop is running nothing. In the event...
  5. Windows 10 HOME upgrade to Windows 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 HOME upgrade to Windows 10 PRO: Hi, Is there no free upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO? :-) I was on Windows 10 PRO before on my old laptop. Unfortunately, that laptop got broken and has been replaced with a new laptop that is unfortunately pre-installed only with a Windows 10 HOME? Also,...
  6. Upgrading to a larger NVMe on laptop

Upgrading to a larger NVMe on laptop: My laptop has a 256GB NVMe and I'd like to install a 1TB NVMe. After installing the new 1TB NVMe how do I go about reinstalling Win 10? I bought my laptop used so I don't have the Win 10 CDs....
  7. Windows 1803 to 1809 upgrade issues: upgrade not possible/shown?

Windows 1803 to 1809 upgrade issues: upgrade not possible/shown?: Hi, I read a lot of different articles and threads here (and elsewhere) concerning the upgrade issues from 1803 to 1809. "Fun" fact: I've got several identical machines that had problems at first, but all in all it was just missing storage space on the system drive. After...
  8. Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp

Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp: I upgraded from win xp to a dual boot win xp / win 7 by using a win 7 upgrade disk. win 7 is now stable so I don't need win xp any longer and don't need a dual boot system. win 7 is on sata drive c with data also on that sata drive as drive d. win xp is on an old ide drive...
  9. RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Upgrade: I have an XPS 8930 I bought directly from Dell., Windows 10 Pro x64-based system with 64GB of RAM. i7-8700K@3.70GHz 3696Mhz. I would like to add addtional RAM According to Dell this computer is maxed out and will not support any additional RAM. Is this true? Can anyone...
  10. My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10

My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10: When reainstalling the windows with USB to keep my files (media creation tool) it shows me this window:[IMG] Can someone tell me how to fix it? Also i cant start my laptop, i literally cant go to desktop. Is there any other way to fix it? I had that problem with blank...