Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased an upgrade from windows 10 home to pro in the Microsoft Store. Installing I get fail error 0x800423f. They got the money and all I get is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveB-dell, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 upgrade

I purchased an upgrade from windows 10 home to pro in the Microsoft Store. Installing I get fail error 0x800423f. They got the money and all I get is this error code.

:)

DaveB-dell, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade

1. Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. To upgrade or wait?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    To upgrade or wait?: I currently own VMware Workstation Pro 14. I am aware that VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 is out. Would anyone have a clue on when VMware Workstation Pro 16 would be released? I can't decide if I should upgrade to 15.5 now or wait for 16 and then upgrade? I believe that you can...
  3. Upgrading from Win 10 1909 to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 10 1909 to 2004: Good evening, I want to update my pc as soon as it drops to 60% it restarts and resets the settings before I tested several things. I'm not sorry for English I'm French thing i tested: SFC / Scannow and DISM / online / cleanup-image / RestoreHealth thank you in advance...
  4. Lots of problem came after i upgraded from windows 8,1 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lots of problem came after i upgraded from windows 8,1 to windows 10: After i was done upgrading, my laptop suddenly has massive problem, they are: -i can't right click -when i double click the mouse, it opens the properties instead of the apps / folders -i cant type anything on my keyboard -even when i click enter, it still opens...
  5. Corrupt Start Menu entries after Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupt Start Menu entries after Windows 10 Upgrade to Version 1909: Hi, I recently encountered an issue after Windows 10 Upgrade to version 1909. Start Menu entries for Modern Apps like Maps or Fotos did not show up with their normal name, but only with a cryptic string. Also the Icons of these Apps were gone: [ATTACH] I quickly found...
  6. webcam not found after upgrading system to windows 11 on lenovo E530

in Windows 10 Customization
    webcam not found after upgrading system to windows 11 on lenovo E530: My laptop with Windows 7 was unable to find the built in webcam, but it was enabled in the BIOS. The device manager did not have 'camera' or 'imaging device' in the list. So I upgraded to Windows 10, but still have the same problem after installing updates. When the camera...
  7. Upgrade Win 10 32bit to 64bit

Upgrade Win 10 32bit to 64bit: My pc has 32bit Windows 10 OS in C partition. My data is in D partition. If I upgrade to 64bit my CPU is 64bit will the new OS be in the C partition and the D partition remain intact? Or the D partition will be erased too?...
  8. If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/davidse7en [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs65hx/if_windows_update_andor_upgrade_assistant_doesnt/
  9. Help, first I have black screen of death with cursor after upgrading to windows 10 from 7,...

Help, first I have black screen of death with cursor after upgrading to windows 10 from 7,...: As you can see I have the above going on. Now I have googled and googled and read lots of stuff. I have created a USB drive. I should say this is my lap top which is a asus k450c series and is about 5 years old. I created the usb on my new lenovo computer. First of when I try...
  10. Upgrade to Win 10 Update 1909

Upgrade to Win 10 Update 1909: I had issues not being able to get any updates. that issue is now resolved, but when I try downloading update 1909, it prepares, downloads to 100% and stops. I left it in limbo for hours but nothing happened, even if I switch off, it is still there on start up. Any solutions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inspiron 3847 bios upgrade