Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 3 pc's with Windows 10 Pro 64 on them and one with Windows 8.1 Pro. Is it too late to upgrade that one to Win 10 Pro and if so what would be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by neveready, Apr 2, 2019.

1. neveready Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

I have 3 pc's with Windows 10 Pro 64 on them and one with Windows 8.1 Pro. Is it too late to upgrade that one to Win 10 Pro and if so what would be the process.

:)

neveready, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903: I have 3 computers in my LAN. Since the last upgrade a month ago, My laptop cannot see or find the desktop PC on the network. I have tried disabling firewalls and manually entering the TCP/IP network addresses on the desktop PC but nothing has worked. Has anyone else...
  3. Ram Upgrade thoughts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962
  4. Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media: How can I update Windows 10 PCs that are not connected to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-multiple-pcs-from-dvd-or-other-media/7be4d599-0bb5-4514-8f64-7dd76f422bfc
  5. Ram Upgrade thoughts

Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962
  6. Upgraded from W10 1803 to 1903 now I get no video or control of PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded from W10 1803 to 1903 now I get no video or control of PC: I have upgraded an HP pavilion p6 series Model: p6-2370ea i3 processor 8Gb Ram. I've been running Windows 10 ver. 1803 for years. Anyway I read that 1803 will soon become 'outdated' therefore decided to upgrade to 1903. After I upgraded it seemed to go OK for a few days then...
  7. activation error 0xC004F213 after upgrading to pro from insider build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation error 0xC004F213 after upgrading to pro from insider build: Today i tried to set remote to desktop but it said that is only available in pro, which i thought i was using from the insider program. so i was offered the upgrade and accepted it. Now it says it cannot activate the upgrade because it cannot find the key! I cant find the...
  8. Help . . Windows 10 upgrade and Error codes driving me crazy . . READ DETAILS FIRST PLEASE

Help . . Windows 10 upgrade and Error codes driving me crazy . . READ DETAILS FIRST PLEASE: BEFORE SHOOTING A GENERIC MICROSOFT ANSWER TO ME . . .PLEASE READ THE DETAILS AND STEPS THAT I HAVE ALREADY DONE! Okay . . .So here is whats going on. I have the following system and os: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393...
  9. Windows 10 - 1903 upgrade does not work on any of my DELL computers

Windows 10 - 1903 upgrade does not work on any of my DELL computers: Since the 1803 upgrade - the 1809 and now the 1903 don't seem to work neither on a DELL T1500 Precision workstation: error code 0xc1900101 nor on my DELL XPS notebook :error message 0x800800008. All latest drivers an BIOSs installed. I consulted Microsoft earlier this year...
  10. System stuttering after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System stuttering after Windows 10 Upgrade: Hello, I am experiencing a stutter which occurs about once every 10 seconds and lasts for less than a second. The stutter appears to be occurring both in and out of applications. The stutter did not exist when I was on Windows 7 (I did the upgrade, not clean install of...