Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 3 pc's with Windows 10 Pro 64 on them and one with Windows 8.1 Pro. Is it too late to upgrade that one to Win 10 Pro and if so what would be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by neveready, Apr 2, 2019.

1. neveready Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

I have 3 pc's with Windows 10 Pro 64 on them and one with Windows 8.1 Pro. Is it too late to upgrade that one to Win 10 Pro and if so what would be the process.

:)

neveready, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Unable run SFC, DISM or upgrade windows 10. Windows/servicing folder missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable run SFC, DISM or upgrade windows 10. Windows/servicing folder missing: Hi, I am trying to get my instance of windows healthy and am not keen to do a full reinstall. Trying to run : C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. so, then I tried: C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online...
  3. Jerky wireless mouse after Windows 10 1809 upgrade - fixed

Jerky wireless mouse after Windows 10 1809 upgrade - fixed: April 18, 2019, I upgraded to Win 10 1809 Creator's Update then my wireless mouse was very jerky....it would not move for a few seconds etc. I rolled back my Acer Aspire laptop's display driver in Device Mgr to the previous one (there were only two to choose) and the problem...
  4. Didn't receive an activation key after purchasing an upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Didn't receive an activation key after purchasing an upgrade: I purchased a laptop with pre-installed Win 10 Home. Then I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from MS Store. After the purchase, I installed the upgrade and received an email with the receipt. My credit card was charged, but I never received an email with the activation key...
  5. TouchPad not working after upgrading 8.1 to 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    TouchPad not working after upgrading 8.1 to 10: Hello I updated my Acer Aspire E 15 Touch from windows 8.1 to windows 10 now my touchpad is not working. I tried to install the drivers but did not fix the issue. I can't ever find touchpad mouse in settings. Can anyone help please...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade has made it so we cannot connect multiple users with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 upgrade has made it so we cannot connect multiple users with Remote Desktop: We have a PC at work that many people remote into for analysis at the same time. We had Windows 7 and everything worked fine but after upgrading to Windows 10 this does not work anymore. It is not a connection problem, because we are all able to connect. It is just only...
  7. Ongoing 1803/1809 Upgrade Issues

Ongoing 1803/1809 Upgrade Issues: For the past month and a half I've been rolling out 1803 to my organization. About 20%-30% of the computers will fail though and it is almost always the same issue: 0xC1900101-0x4000D - Install failed in the SECOND BOOT phase with an error during the MIGRATE DATA operation....
  8. Windows 10 upgrade from home to pro

Windows 10 upgrade from home to pro: I tried to upgrade from windows 10 home to pro on my surface 6. After the upgrade though it shows as windows 10 enterprise and it says device cannot be activated. I have bought the pro license from Microsoft store. Can anyone please help with the issue....
  9. After motherboard upgrade, can't activate windows 10 home version through troubleshooter

After motherboard upgrade, can't activate windows 10 home version through troubleshooter: I recently replaced the motherboard in my desktop computer, the old one failed to boot and I could not recover my Windows 10 key information. The troubleshooter was unsuccessful. Reading the other posts, I took this snip: [ATTACH] I know this was a legal version of the...
  10. Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???

Free upgrade to Windows 10 to Windows 7 ???: A number of people are telling me that they have recently (last month) upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 by using the Microsoft media creation tool. I was under the impression that this option was no longer available. How is this possible???...