Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded sometime ago to 10. After some recent problems I now have 3 listed options when I boot up: Windows 10 Windows recovery Windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gdt1944, Sep 9, 2019.

1. gdt1944 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

I upgraded sometime ago to 10.

After some recent problems I now have 3 listed options when I boot up:

Windows 10

Windows recovery

Windows 7 recovered

Should I be removing anything and how please?

Thank you

Grant

:)

gdt1944, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade

1. Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM: Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG STRIX B360-H Gaming...
  3. To Upgrade Storage

To Upgrade Storage: Hi I am Yeasin, using HP Probook 450 G4 which has storage of HDD 1 TB. Now I want to add Samsung 860 EVO 250GB 2.5 Inch Sata SSD. Can I use both drive at a time or I have to remove HDD to add SSD ? [ATTACH]...
  4. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM: Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG SRIX B360-H Gaming...
  5. I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my...: I have upgraded my laptop to the latest release of Windows 10 and I now cannot access my documents or pictures from the previous version of window. If I go toStorage "view documents" I can see the folders but then flips me out of the page. Previous versions of windows were...
  6. Unable to upgrade windows 10 1803/1809 to 1903 0x800711C7 Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade windows 10 1803/1809 to 1903 0x800711C7 Error: Hi guys, I can't upgrade windows 10 Enterprise 1803/1809 to 1903. Feel like I've tried everything here. Tried Windows Update. Doesn't work. [Fails to update during the reboot bit, and simply undoes changes] Tried Windows Update/Upgrade Assistant. [Gets to about 23% during...
  7. Can't update or 1809 feature upgrade all Windows 10 1803 machines through SCCM 1906

Can't update or 1809 feature upgrade all Windows 10 1803 machines through SCCM 1906: Hi, I can't update or feature upgrade our Windows 10 machine through SCCM but with manual update it works. Here the WindowsUpdate log, can anyone help me please? Thank you so much. 2019/11/21 15:09:16.3890438 6324 1308 IdleTimer Non-AoAc machine. Aoac operations...
  8. DESESPERATED!!! 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 error when upgrading to build 1903

DESESPERATED!!! 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 error when upgrading to build 1903: I am getting 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 errors when attempting to upgrade from 1809 (10.0.17134.829) to 1903. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with the error during SYSPREP operation. I have tried to upgrade via Windows Update, Media Creation Tool...
  9. Since upgrading to 1909, I can no longer copy to shared folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Since upgrading to 1909, I can no longer copy to shared folders: Since upgrading from 1809 to 1909, I can no longer copy to shared folders on Win 10 PCs on my home network. I get a red circle with a slash. BUT if the shared folder has a subfolder, I can share to that fine. Background: I first had this problem when 1903 came out....
  10. Upgraded to SSD from HDD. Installed Windows 10 from USB. No Audio

Upgraded to SSD from HDD. Installed Windows 10 from USB. No Audio: Hello everyone. i have an old Asus k53e that had an HDD in it. Originally loaded with windows 7 then upgraded to 8(whyyyyy) and then to Windows 10. While on the upgraded HDD I had realtek HD audio drivers. Installed new SSD and installed Windows 10 via USB created with...