Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey there, I want to upgrade my windows 10 from 1809 to the latest version. Which installer shall I use? Media creation tool or windows 10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Windows10Build1809, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade

Hey there, I want to upgrade my windows 10 from 1809 to the latest version. Which installer shall I use? Media creation tool or windows 10 update assistant?

Another question :

1. I didn't find powershell in any windows folder (System32 / SysWOW64). Where is it?

2. I cant install everything from MS store. Why and how to fix it?

3. I cant type in search, wi-fi password, MS Edge, MS Store, and settings but the other apps is responding my type. I have been tried to type any key using OSK at those apps (search, wi-fi password, MS Edge, MS Store, and settings) but still they doesn't respond. Why and how to fix this?

4. What causes if I open file explorer and click on a folder, the file image is a blank paper and after sometimes waiting it's shows the image. What causes this and how to fix this?

Sorry for bad English

:)

Windows10Build1809, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade: I am trying to install update 1903 and each time I receive messag'fix' a program. The program is AVG Antivirus. I do not have AVG Antivirus installed on my computer. How do I install this upgrade?...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade won't activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade won't activate: I have an HP PC that came with Windows 10 Home. I went to the Microsoft store and paid the upgrade cost to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. The upgrade process went fine, but now my Windows is not activated. I can't figure out how to get it to activate and the damn activation...
  4. Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade

Windows10 Activation message appears 2 or 3 years after my Windows7 free Upgrade: I have an OEM Windows7 on this Toshiba Laptop which was upgraded for free to Windows10 in 2017. Suddenly and recently the Activate Windows watermark came up. Many hours of troubleshooting later Microsoft Support are telling me I have to revert to Windows7 or go and buy...
  5. WIndows 10 Upgrade

WIndows 10 Upgrade: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, I bought the upgrade online, I can see my purchase is successful and is for Windows 10 pro, I can see the device in my account is my laptop, all good. However, the laptop shows Windows 10 Enterprise and is not...
  6. Upgrade

Upgrade: I have a assembled PC with Win 10 Pro with Processor- Intel Pentium CPU G3220 @3 GHz 3. GHz RAM -4 GB 64 bit OS, x64 based processor Its SOHO use It has been in use for few years. Inspite of keeping clean and updated, it has slowed down . Can anyone suggest some...
  7. help with upgrade from windows 10 home to PRO....

help with upgrade from windows 10 home to PRO....: Hello... i have dell inspiron laptop.. it came with Windows 10 Home..... im trying to upgrade to PRO but dont have product key or digital license for PRO.. only Home.... can i still use home product key for upgrade or i gotta get different one that is specifically for PRO???...
  8. Shutdown of Windows 10 for no known reason after Windows Upgrade to version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown of Windows 10 for no known reason after Windows Upgrade to version 1903: 1. I recently updated Win 10 to version 1903. Since the update, my PC shutdowns each day for no known reason. obviously its a software or hardware issue. I first looked at the software. 2. I looked at corrupt files, so I used sfc/SCANNOW. It couldnt repair all the files,...
  9. Move upgrade from dead computer?

Move upgrade from dead computer?: I've been reading assorted posts and answers for the past couple weeks, but haven't found a response that addresses my situation, which seems odd, since I can't be the only one to ever have experienced this. There are two parts to this, with the second dependent on the first....
  10. Intel Driver not Working After Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Driver not Working After Win 10 Upgrade: I have a Dell here that will not display a second monitor after a Windows 10 Upgrade. Computer does not want to load the latest Intel 2500 series display driver. When I install and select the correct driver and restart the machine both screens will display for about 5 seconds...