Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hear that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade when it is released, but there are some unanswered questions, (well to me anyway). Will the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Graham, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Graham Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

I hear that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade when it is released, but there are some unanswered questions, (well to me anyway).
    Will the upgrade activate on the Windows 8/8.1 key in the bios?
    Will it be issued with an activation key ?
    Will it be downloadable as an ISO ?
    If so, again, will it have an activation key ?
    Once upgraded, will it be possible to make recovery discs and if so will the Windows 8 key still be of any use ?

Just wondering. I wouldn't mind others penning some thoughts.

:)

Graham, Mar 11, 2015

2. Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Mar 11, 2015
  3. Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Mar 11, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 Upgrade

Simple answer.. no one knows for sure. Up till now MS has not addressed any of those question and I'm betting they will before the RTM comes out.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Mar 11, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    There really isn't any new information there. It's just restating what was said in the presentation for the release of Wn10TP.

I think more information is needed on the upgrade path and instillation key.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    It was basically so the OP could sign up for the email and get direct content from MS. I would like to know if you need a copy of an OS installed to claim your upgrade copy or whether just your product key will suffice, we'll just have to wait and see.

Boozad, Mar 11, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 Upgrade

Ok.. That's a good idea.,

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    I seriously doubt that any keys for a previous OS will be re-usable once upgraded to 10 though. I can only see MS upgrading an existing OS, not giving out free copies of 10.

Boozad, Mar 11, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    That's interesting.. thanks for that information. On thinking that over that does make sense to me as well. I plan on purchasing a DVD/ISO when it comes out so I can install it on any PC I want to.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  11. Boozad Win User
    Luckily enough I have two copies of 7 Pro (in use) and two copies of 7 Ultimate (one in use) and one copy of 8 Pro (not currently in use) so I have a couple of licences I can choose to upgrade. I'll probably upgrade one of the 7 Ultimates, hopefully it's by submitting your key so I don't have to install an OS just to upgrade.

Boozad, Mar 11, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    That would be nice if you just have to simply supply a key to get the upgrade. I hope that option is available.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  13. Winuser Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

I hope the do allow you to upgrade just by using your keys from a older OS. I'll use my Windows 7 keys to upgrade my laptops and save my Windows 8.1 keys. On my desktop I'm going to upgrade from the Windows 8.1 that came with the computer.

Winuser, Mar 11, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I would hope that we can upgrade from a testing version of Win10.. but that I doubt will happen.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  15. Winuser Win User
    I doubt it too but it would be nice. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2: Does Microsoft permits/supports any way of bypass restrictions, Windows 11 Pro installation or upgrade...? I have purchased a USED PC ... from ebay... HP Z640 WORKSTATION, XEON V4, 64GB DDR4, K4200 QUADRO 4GB, TPM 1.2Has Windows 11 Pro 22H2 for Workstations version, and...
  3. download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2: Does Microsoft permits/supports any way of bypass restrictions, Windows 11 Pro installation or upgrade...? I have purchased a USED PC ... from ebay... HP Z640 WORKSTATION, XEON V4, 64GB DDR4, K4200 QUADRO 4GB, TPM 1.2Has Windows 11 Pro 22H2 for Workstations version, and...
  4. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After updating to Windows 11 during a recent Windows update, I've been using my laptop for several months without any issues. However, I recently started receiving a message indicating that the Windows license will expire soon. Oddly enough, when I check the settings, it...
  5. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After updating to Windows 11 during a recent Windows update, I've been using my laptop for several months without any issues. However, I recently started receiving a message indicating that the Windows license will expire soon. Oddly enough, when I check the settings, it...
  6. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

7. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  8. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  9. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  10. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...