Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hear that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade when it is released, but there are some unanswered questions, (well to me anyway). Will the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Graham, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Graham Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

I hear that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade when it is released, but there are some unanswered questions, (well to me anyway).
    Will the upgrade activate on the Windows 8/8.1 key in the bios?
    Will it be issued with an activation key ?
    Will it be downloadable as an ISO ?
    If so, again, will it have an activation key ?
    Once upgraded, will it be possible to make recovery discs and if so will the Windows 8 key still be of any use ?

Just wondering. I wouldn't mind others penning some thoughts.

:)

Graham, Mar 11, 2015
  2. windows 10 free upgrade Win User

Windows10 upgrade

windows 10 free upgrade, Mar 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade frustration Win User
    Missing Operating System after Windows 10 download

Is there anywhere to download replacement OS for Windows 7 Home Premium? Mine crashed on Windows 10 upgrade.

Windows 10 upgrade frustration, Mar 11, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 Upgrade

Simple answer.. no one knows for sure. Up till now MS has not addressed any of those question and I'm betting they will before the RTM comes out.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Mar 11, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    There really isn't any new information there. It's just restating what was said in the presentation for the release of Wn10TP.

I think more information is needed on the upgrade path and instillation key.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    It was basically so the OP could sign up for the email and get direct content from MS. I would like to know if you need a copy of an OS installed to claim your upgrade copy or whether just your product key will suffice, we'll just have to wait and see.

Boozad, Mar 11, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 Upgrade

Ok.. That's a good idea.,

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    I seriously doubt that any keys for a previous OS will be re-usable once upgraded to 10 though. I can only see MS upgrading an existing OS, not giving out free copies of 10.

Boozad, Mar 11, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    That's interesting.. thanks for that information. On thinking that over that does make sense to me as well. I plan on purchasing a DVD/ISO when it comes out so I can install it on any PC I want to.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  11. Boozad Win User
    Luckily enough I have two copies of 7 Pro (in use) and two copies of 7 Ultimate (one in use) and one copy of 8 Pro (not currently in use) so I have a couple of licences I can choose to upgrade. I'll probably upgrade one of the 7 Ultimates, hopefully it's by submitting your key so I don't have to install an OS just to upgrade.

Boozad, Mar 11, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    That would be nice if you just have to simply supply a key to get the upgrade. I hope that option is available.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  13. Winuser Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

I hope the do allow you to upgrade just by using your keys from a older OS. I'll use my Windows 7 keys to upgrade my laptops and save my Windows 8.1 keys. On my desktop I'm going to upgrade from the Windows 8.1 that came with the computer.

Winuser, Mar 11, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I would hope that we can upgrade from a testing version of Win10.. but that I doubt will happen.

BunnyJ, Mar 11, 2015
  15. Winuser Win User
    I doubt it too but it would be nice. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: TL;DR The activation key I received doesn't work. Error code 0xc004f050 Context is as follows. I switched out my motherboard a while ago, which required me to get a new product key. I had previously been using Windows 10 Home, but I figured I'd upgrade to Windows 10 Pro...
  3. windows upgrade

windows upgrade: how can i upgrade my window 10 to window 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade/44da1d0f-70b3-42e0-b51c-4274e471a77a
  4. Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10.: Ever since I upgraded from windows 7, even after reinstalling each of these individual pieces of software I'm having problems with windows 10 failing to properly start programs. For example, my NVIDIA control panel does launch, but it no longer automatically applies my...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB Upgrade

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB Upgrade: Hi MS Team , i have a product from Honeywell ,its a WIFi/Cellular device which is running on OS Windows 10 64bit and believed to be a very2 old build , what is the best way of upgrading this device to at least 1607 build to make MDM work. FYI i have around 200 unit of...
  6. 1803 upgrade removed photo app from start page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1803 upgrade removed photo app from start page: I recently purchased a HP refurbished laptop. I was told it was about a year old. After activation, the 1803 creators upgrade was downloaded and installed. I noticed that the Windows default photo app disappeared from the start screen. It's not listed in settings-apps-apps&...
  7. windows 10 upgrade

windows 10 upgrade: I am currently running a non activated windows 8.1 pro, im trying to upgrade to windows 10 A friend of mine has several spare keys and let me use them. I tried to use the windows tool thing which started the setup, but when it asked for the key, and i entered it, it did not...
  8. Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro

Upgrading from Win 10 Home -> Pro: I purchased a machine with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I purchased a Win 10 Pro OEM licence from Directdeals.com as I had done successfully before, now when I try and enter the new product key I get an error message: "The product key you entered didn't work. …...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade 1809 disaster: version 10.0.17763.1 NO SOLUTION OFFERED by Microsoft

Windows 10 upgrade 1809 disaster: version 10.0.17763.1 NO SOLUTION OFFERED by Microsoft: i have for the past 5 days experienced black screen of death due apparently to being part of the Windows Insider uograde issue. I did what was apparently sensible. Booting to safe mode worked. System repair did not. Restoring a system restore point from 29/9 has my system in...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 1809

Upgrade to Windows 10 1809: What to do? Nothing happens ... P.s. Windows Version 10 1803 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10-1809/b72600a2-61a6-470c-b303-a267415329bb