Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, so I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate just today. I am having some issues with the install however. I am having the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthewKarlicek, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 upgrade

Ok, so I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate just today. I am having some issues with the install however. I am having the system disconnect two of my peripherals, my wireless network adapter and my mechanical keyboard. It was fine when the install finished and having did all the updates for Windows. Thing is it was then connected and working just fine starting at 7:05pm PST 01/23/2020 and it did just fine with not hiccups. At about 8:35pm the same night it made the connection/disconnection chime sound and it lost the network adapter losing internet; it also turned my keyboard functionality and LEDs off. After about 3 seconds the LEDs came back on and the keyboard resumed working like before; however the network adapter did not until it was disconnected and reconnected. I have tried this on several ports and I am getting the same result. The devices were installed and connected earlier in the evening and the previous night and they worked just fine. I am unsure as to what the issue could be, not being super computer software savvy myself. Some of the specs for my existing system are as follows:

Keyboard is a corsair vengeance K90.
    Adapter is a Netgear N300 WNA3100
    Motherboard is Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

The mouse I have installed is working just fine and can move from USB port to another without incident. I have done some of the steps I have found online such as disabling the systems permission to power off these device and USB ports. I have also disabled USB selective suspending. Even after doing these it still did this about one hour after the previous incident. This is becoming rather annoying because I often do things online that take a bit of time and having this occur give or take each hour is getting in the way of that.

:)

MatthewKarlicek, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade

1. Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...
  3. How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade window 7 pro to window 10 ?: Recently i need to install some software and found it not compatible with my osWindow 7 Pro, then i search thought the microsoft Community regarding update to window 10 from window 7 pro. Unfortunately the "Create Windows 10 installation media" not work for my case. i keep...
  4. upgrade from a 1080

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    upgrade from a 1080: Hi, Been quite a while since I've upgraded anything to do with my pc, currently using a 1080 which isn't terrible but could probably do with a bump, and then I'd be able to put this in the media pc to give it a nudge from its current 1060 which has struggled with some games...
  5. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  6. windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons

windows 11 2H23 upgrade replaced printer icons: I have seen others who have noted this issue but no solutions were given.After my Windows 11 PC was updated with the major 2H2023 release, all the printer icons in Devices and Printers were replaced with Generic versions. I would like to get the old ones back since they...
  7. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  8. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  9. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. 0xC1900101-0x40021 can not upgrade to windows 11

0xC1900101-0x40021 can not upgrade to windows 11: Here is Logs.zip generate via SetupDiagLogs.zip Crash 0x00000004 detected Frame 0, module: nt Frame 1, module: WinSetupMon.sys Frame 2, module: WinSetupMon.sys Frame 3, module: FLTMGR.sysbut there is no setupmem.dmp at all.Thanks....