Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A friend of mine is telling me that she received a notice about a free upgrade for Windows 10. I update my Windows 10 but wasn't aware there was an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ColleenSnell1, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Upgrade

A friend of mine is telling me that she received a notice about a free upgrade for Windows 10. I update my Windows 10 but wasn't aware there was an upgrade. Is Microsoft aware of this upgrade?

:)

ColleenSnell1, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrade

1. Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to professional

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to professional: How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to professional, I have tried everything but unable to do so, I want to directly update my laptop's windows 10 home to professional without any data loss. Specs i7 8th gen, 16 GB ram....
  3. RAM upgrade problem windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM upgrade problem windows 10: I'm a newbie to the community so maybe this question has been asked before? I'm running a notebook Presario CQ57 on Windows 10 Home version 1909. It was upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently. I also just upgraded my RAM from 2GB to 8GB. My notebook is running much faster...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade: I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 on an Asus U43J laptop but it fails each time, 6 attempts so far. I have successfully upgraded 2 other laptops one of which is much older than the Asus. Any thoughts on the problem would be appreciated. I am reluctantly to...
  5. Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade

Windows 10 gets stuck loading after 1903 upgrade: Hi There, I upgraded my machine to update 1903 after receiving a message that Microsoft is dropping support for the previous 1809 version. However it now gets stuck at the loading screen with the spinning icon. I did note that on the initial restart I was able to login...
  6. Keeping Win 10 license after pc upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keeping Win 10 license after pc upgrade: Hello, I have recently upgraded my desktop's CPU, motherboard, and RAM. The SSD is the same but I cannot seem boot from it. If I use the Windows media creation tool to reinstall windows on the previously used SSD will the product license/key be lost or will it find it and...
  7. Problem with WiFi adapter after upgrading windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with WiFi adapter after upgrading windows 10: After updating windows 10 to 1903 and above, i am unable to connect to any 5 ghz bands, i am forced to connect to my slower 2.4 ghz band. I am using an ASUS PCE-AC88 adapter. I have tried all available drivers with no change in this behavior. I have tried to disable the...
  8. Upgrade

Upgrade: How do I upgrade from win 10 home edition to win 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade/3f1e548b-9f7d-41b0-8e6c-2375a2e2e78e
  9. How to activate Windows after hardware upgrade

How to activate Windows after hardware upgrade: I have replaced a mother board on my PC but cannot reactivate Windows 10. I had a license to Windows 7 then upgraded to Windows 10 for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-windows-after-hardware-upgrade/0a91e62b-759a-481f-9be1-b79850d9acd6"
  10. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade with Windows E3 Plan.

Windows 7 to Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade with Windows E3 Plan.: Dear Experts, Customer has Windows 7 pro , Now they are buying Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade under Windows E3 CSP plan. Q1: If The Customer not renewing windows E3 Plan after 1 Year then they can avail only windows 10 pro? Q2: If yes on Q1 then after one year if...