Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Well, my computer was working on Windows 7 and today I tried upgrading to Windows 10 by downloading the tool from Microsoft page,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MalakMohamed, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

Well, my computer was working on Windows 7 and today I tried upgrading to Windows 10 by downloading the tool from Microsoft page, then the setup stared normally and I had no issues with it until my computer got stuck in Undoing changes made to your computer loop and it just keeps restarting.

I shut the computer down by pressing the power button. Then I started it again and it kept doing the same thing being stuck in the previous loop.

I heard that it could be fixed by staring with safe mode but when I start my computer it doesn't give me any options.

Please answer with a solution to this problem.

:)

MalakMohamed, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade

1. Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?: I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer. He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but doesn't want 10 Home. It's an Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6". (The 749U may designate our NZ\AU market) The local...
  3. So I’m having trouble with upgrading to 64-bit.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I’m having trouble with upgrading to 64-bit.: I can’t get into the boot menu because I’m trying to open the pc by usb and when I press f7 ( the button to open boot menu on my pc ) it won’t work. submitted by /u/SimplyVintage [link] [comments]...
  4. I cannot install the windows 10 upgrade and dont even know what I am supposed to be looking...

I cannot install the windows 10 upgrade and dont even know what I am supposed to be looking...: I cannot install the windows 10 upgrade and dont even know what i am supposed to b looking for in requirements. please help me upgrade * Original title: help me!!!!!...
  5. Blue Screen _WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR after upgrading RAM from 4Gb to 8Gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen _WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR after upgrading RAM from 4Gb to 8Gb: Sir, I am facing a blue screen error Code WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR with frequently screen freeze and forcibly restart the laptop. I am facing this problem after upgrading my Laptop RAM from 4Gb to 8Gb. Its really frustrating that i am not able to use my laptop properly....
  6. Win10 upgrade... now Office apps not showing pasted / imported images

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Win10 upgrade... now Office apps not showing pasted / imported images: I upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 a week or so ago. Now, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Visio (all 2016) are not properly displaying pasted or imported images. Either the image does not show at all or it shows them for a brief time and then it becomes garbled with what look...
  7. Touchpad not working after upgrading to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working after upgrading to Windows 10 2004: Доброго дня Після оновлення до win10 2004 в мене synaptics ps/2 port touchpad driver windows відмічений в пристроях як прихований і не працює. HP pavilion g6 1262sr. Moderator Translated from Ukrainian: Good afternoon After upgrading to WIN10 2004, I have synaptics...
  8. Is an in-place upgrade possible in the recovery environment?

Is an in-place upgrade possible in the recovery environment?: My machine has gone into an infinite loop of trying to automatic repair, then failing to do so but never getting to the windows 10 desktop. I"ve tried utilising a restore point which it won;t let me do, I tried uninstalling the last fixes which it won't let me do... I...
  9. Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]: Ok, I have read enough articles, many posts here on reddit and have some advices from friends. All are equally split between "just upgrade to 10 already, it's not as it was in the past. Just upgrade from within 7" and "of course you will go to a fresh clean install at some...
  10. Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from...: What can I do? I really can't afford another AU$339.00 for another license at the moment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-windows-10-pro-is-asking-me-for-a-product-key/c981494a-6dac-414a-9d49-f04caeac402c