Windows 10: windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My friend took windows 10 upgrade but installed pro instead of home.Missed the rollback time limit and could not activate pro so handed mess over to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CatieTrask, Dec 1, 2020.

1. windows 10 upgrade

My friend took windows 10 upgrade but installed pro instead of home.Missed the rollback time limit and could not activate pro so handed mess over to me.Solutions??

:)

CatieTrask, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 upgrade

1. windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WUMT (Windows Update MiniTool) Runs Only Failed Attempts To Upgrade OS: Finally plowed through errors that kept this program in upgrading to Version 1909. Did not realize before the fixes, anytime that I tried Wumt it would make several attempts to reload before it would throw the error code. Now when this application is launched to load 1909, it...
  3. Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off.: So I updated my windows with the Win 10 upgrade tool. Upgraded successfully and it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off. Any idea what the issue is? It keeps doing it over and over again. Its also much slower. Asus laptop, 4th gen i7 quad core, 8gb ram. Should be the...
  4. Just upgraded to Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎17/‎2021

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just upgraded to Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎1/‎17/‎2021: All links to printer, fax, scanner, MS Office, who know what else have disappeared. Computer worked fine prior to "Update 20H2". Why did this "update" destroy my computer's operation? I want all my peripherals back!...
  5. Will upgrading from Home to Pro get me a clean install? Can I still use Office 365 home?

Will upgrading from Home to Pro get me a clean install? Can I still use Office 365 home?: I would like to upgrade to Pro. I would also like to do a clean install. I would also like to continue using my 365 home family plan. If upgrading to pro doesn’t include a clean install should I clean install before or after updating? submitted by /u/PlazmaSnake417...
  6. "This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10": Dzień dobry, Mam zainstalowany na moim laptopie system Windows 10 Home w wersji 20H2: [ATTACH] Chciałem zaktualizować system, uruchamiając narzędzie Media CreationTool20H2.exe z https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/software-download/windows10: [ATTACH] Po uruchomieniu...
  7. dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual layer discs no longer burn after Win 10 20h2 upgrade: Hi, I can no longer burn dl discs. I am not sure how long this problem has been for me, but I found out about it when trying to make a disc for win10 20h2. It appears to fail at the time when the process is starting to turn the corner to start the second layer. I have 2...
  8. Should I upgrade to 20H2?

Should I upgrade to 20H2?: I just got a new pc today, however I check windows update and it says I have the option to upgrade to 20H2. Is it safe to do so? I'm on 2004 and I've been hearing about bugs and BSOD that occur with 20H2. Have those been resolved? submitted by /u/TehMilitia [link]...
  9. Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade problem

Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 upgrade problem: Hello I cannot update from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I have IntelR PentiumR 2.41GHz Processor and a ram of 4 GB 3.89 GB Usable and 64 - bit and no pen touch but I cannot upgrade to windows 10 why?...
  10. Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20262.1010 fe_release failing to upgrade

Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20262.1010 fe_release failing to upgrade: My computer with Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.20262.1010 fe_release fails to upgrade. It says at installing upgrades that it has failed and is undoing the update, then says ntfs is corrupt then uses chkdisk to repair and then goes back to older version of windows 10....