Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Experts, I would like to know how to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education with an active M365 A3 subscription. The article says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lucas_mn, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Lucas_mn Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education with an active M365 A3 subscription.

The article says the machine must run on Windows 10 Pro Education, but I know Windows 10 Pro is a qualifying OS and can be upgraded to Windows 10 Education.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/windows-10-subscription-activation#subscription-activation-for-windows-10-education

Can anyone help clarify?

Thank you!

:)

Lucas_mn, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade

1. Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade: My Dell 27AIO running Windows 10 Home passes a PC Health Check for a Windows 11 upgrade except for an incompatible processor. Wondering if anyone knows what missing functionality is present with an Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz and 48 GB of RAM. Is it possible to upgrade...
  3. Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade: My Dell 27AIO running Windows 10 Home passes a PC Health Check for a Windows 11 upgrade except for an incompatible processor. Wondering if anyone knows what missing functionality is present with an Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz and 48 GB of RAM. Is it possible to upgrade...
  4. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  5. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  6. How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 - my settings button and my shut down buttons, together with my apps, have disappeared. How do I get them back?...
  7. How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...

How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 - my settings button and my shut down buttons, together with my apps, have disappeared. How do I get them back?...
  8. Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%

Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%: Hi! I just did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday to hopefully get a functional install to run with but after 24+ hrs of troubleshooting and fixing i finally got windows 10 ready and functional and decided to upgrade to windows 11, currently the update is stuck at 64%...
  9. Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%: Hi! I just did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday to hopefully get a functional install to run with but after 24+ hrs of troubleshooting and fixing i finally got windows 10 ready and functional and decided to upgrade to windows 11, currently the update is stuck at 64%...
  10. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...