Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello URGENT MATTER! I have windows 7 on HP laptop and need to install Windows 10 see error message [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maria_057, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Maria_057 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Hello

URGENT MATTER!

I have windows 7 on HP laptop and need to install Windows 10

see error message Windows 10 upgrade [​IMG]

:)

Maria_057, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 upgrade

1. Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Windows 10 Task Manager is getting a big upgrade with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Task Manager is getting a big upgrade with new features: Windows 10 Task Manager is an important bit of desktop functionality that can be improved with support for new controls. In recent preview builds, Windows Task Manager has been graced with not one but two new features, which includes a new option to reduce system resources...
  3. I am handicapped and have no repeat NO one to help me after you upgrade my pc.. Pleas if...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am handicapped and have no repeat NO one to help me after you upgrade my pc.. Pleas if...: I do not understand pc's i dont know what all the instructions on line mean i need my pc for my LIFE . I if you care about life over money leave me alone!!!!!! I bought this pc because you guyse were selling this brand 2,500.00 usd and it barley works anymore all due to...
  4. 0x80242016 while upgrading to W10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x80242016 while upgrading to W10 20H2: Hi, I've been getting differents errors while trying to apply the last update for W10, being error code 0x80242016 the last one. I went through all the other solutions you provided for other customers, but none of them worked. I also tried to use the offline upgrading...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 upgrade fails

Windows 10 20H2 upgrade fails: Hello all, I've been struggling over the past couple of days, trying to get a Dell Latitude E6540 laptop upgraded to W10 20H2, from 1909. I tried numerous solutions I've found on the 'net and nothing has worked, I'm hoping that someone here can help. Log files from the...
  6. windows reinstall after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows reinstall after upgrade: Hello I upgraded from windows 8.1 --> windows 10. I am having to try certain things as the HDD is completely slowed down If I remove windows completely for a while and installed another OS , can I reinstall windows 10 later as a fresh install and MSFT will recognize the...
  7. Upgrading to 20H2 is impossible

Upgrading to 20H2 is impossible: Hello. I would like to ask why is the installation of 20H2 enforced. It forcibly installed today and now it's trying to reboot to replace my currently running version. Is there a way to stop it? The problem is that 20H1 and 20H2 are awfully unstable, for some reason,...
  8. strange behaviour for chrome and egde after win7 to win10 upgrade

strange behaviour for chrome and egde after win7 to win10 upgrade: Hi all. I recently upgraded my laptop from win7pro to win10pro after this upgrade, I have a really weird behaviour for Chrome and Edge I can't "see" any page... if I open chrome/edge, I see, always, a blank page no chance to control or interact so I also am not able...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hello! I bought a refurbished key for Windows 10 Pro. And now when I try to change the key of the product so that I can upgrade the system there is always the same error. It's code is 0xc004f050 and it says that the key is wrong or is invalid but I am sure it has not been...
  10. I haven't been able to upgrade Windows in 6 months. 20H2 and now 21H1 consistently fail...

I haven't been able to upgrade Windows in 6 months. 20H2 and now 21H1 consistently fail...: I haven't been able to update windows for nearly 6 months. I've followed multiple support threads on here with no success. I've unplugged all devices from the PC. I've downloaded the the windows installer and ran it locally, tried to run it off of a USB. I've uninstalled my...