Windows 10: Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation

Discus and support Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I went to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop from ISO file. Everything went smoothly, and the installation was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dizajner., Dec 14, 2019.

1. Dizajner. Win User

Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation

I went to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop from ISO file. Everything went smoothly, and the installation was finished after several restarts as usual in Windows installations. It booted the first blue screen to change my PC settings. I continued and then I got the screen saying "Just a moment" or something like that and it kept flashing and showing the blue screen circle. After a few minutes of flashing, it says "It's taking a bit longer than usual, but it should be ready soon", continues flashing that screen. After all of that, right now it's just flashing this loading circle and it looks like this:

VIDEO https://imgur.com/oY4XNq6

Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation [​IMG]

:)

Dizajner., Dec 14, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Bundy Win User

Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation

Blue screens with windows 7

Windows 7 doesn't cause blue screens. As CrAsHnBuRnXp said, run memtest because your ram may be faulty.

Bundy, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation - Similar Threads - upgraded stuck flashing

2. Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up: Getting Flashing Blue Screen for a lessthan asecond on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-flashing-blue-screen-on-start-up/5676140b-c753-416f-815d-160c63daccb2
  3. Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Flashing Blue Screen on start up: Getting Flashing Blue Screen for a lessthan asecond on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-flashing-blue-screen-on-start-up/5676140b-c753-416f-815d-160c63daccb2
  4. Free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Stuck: 1. First issue erorr code 0xC1900101-0x40021, after reversal to windows 7 screen freeze Working on Updates 85% Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-stuck/b41aa4f3-37b7-4145-b48d-f1efe138fe4a
  5. Windows 10 installation stuck on blue screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation stuck on blue screen: [ATTACH] I was reinstalling windows 10 through USB (media creation tool) to my cousin's laptop using his new SSD installed for an ssd upgrade, but whenever it goes to the installation it stucked on blue screen and the laptop turned off afterwards. I tried tweaking Launch...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 stuck

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 stuck: Second attempt to upgrade from W7 to W10. Both times it gets to "working on updates: 48% Don't turn off...." The little balls keep circling, but nothing is progressing. Been running for over 5 hours, pretty sure it's not going to complete. I can do a hard restart and I...
  7. Blue Screens after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screens after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hi, I've updated my HP Desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, this week, and now my PC keep getting Blue Screens unexpectedly, few times a day! Please assist. Attaching DMP logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/141l9kGMuLS8Xx_z0ApL7I_Ybq_YPlJGi Thank you, Noam....
  8. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7, stuck flashing blue screen after installation: I went to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional from Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop from ISO file. Everything went smoothly, and the installation was finished after several restarts as usual in Windows installations. It booted the first blue screen to change my PC settings. I...
  9. Windows 10 installation, stuck on blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 installation, stuck on blue screen: Hey, so i tried doing a clean install of windows 10 on my computer and it seemed to be installing ok, it said it was going to restart the computer to finish installing, but instead it kinda flashes to the blue screen. It says that a problem occurred and it needs to be...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade from 7 -installation stuck at 99%

Windows 10 upgrade from 7 -installation stuck at 99%: I decided to ugrade to 10 from Windows 7. The download went fine, and installation was going smoothly until it reached 99%. It was stuck there. I did read that some installations make take awhile. I left my laptop on -stuck at 99% from 7p.m. until 7.pm. the following day and...