Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello the good Microsoft Community, I have a problem that involves Product Key and Product Version. Backstory: Recently I started to have a bit of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DimasAgusta, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself

Hello the good Microsoft Community,

I have a problem that involves Product Key and Product Version.

Backstory:

Recently I started to have a bit of spare time to game on my PC (so far just the intention), but I encountered a bit of problem. As I've been away and not having the time to play, my PC was off for the past 2 months, and just recently turned on. I didn't want to be bothered by any updates or lag when playing so I decided to update everything on my PC (Windows 10 Updates, Steam Updates, Antivirus, etc.) but after a restart of a Windows Update something Changed. My Windows 10 Pro Version suddenly became a Windows 10 Enterprise edition, thus my Windows in no longer Activated. This pisses me off as there are random BSOA (Blue Screen of Activation).

This Windows was acquired from a Windows 8 Pro > Windows 10 Upgrade during the mass updates.

The question is how the h*** did I end up updating to the Enterprise version? ...and is there a posibility that I revert to Windows 10 with My Windows 8 Product Key?

:)

DimasAgusta, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Awesoft Win User

Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise:

• Can't update to TH2
    • Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows").

Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself [​IMG]

So now I have a unknown-hybrid version? *Confused

Awesoft, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself

Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself

1. Windows 10 Upgraded to Enterprise version from pro by itself - Similar Threads - Upgraded Enterprise version

2. Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise: I have a Win 10 Enterprise Key. How to upgrade from Win 10 Pro?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-enterprise/678ed6cb-4ba7-4e71-9532-002d4c3d9530
  3. Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version

Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version: hi guys I have upgraded my windows 10 home version to 20H2 for free Bought new version of 20H2 enterprise but if i Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version do i lose my software and apps and files on my previous 20H2? Thanks...
  4. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise by itself?

Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise by itself?: Hi guys, Recently, I’ve reinstalled windows to convert my windows from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 home. After it finished installation, I used my computer for awhile. When I was done using my com, I shut it down, but it ran some updates on its own, and I found out...
  5. Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise: Hi I just upgraded a licence from windows10 Home to pro by going through settings-activation settings-upgrade and it took me to Microsoft store after I bought and installed it setting show as windows10 enterprise and it show not activated how can I get the pro version I...
  6. Windows version changed from Pro to Education by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows version changed from Pro to Education by itself: My Windows is activated, the system updates are off from Windows Services. How exactly does something like this happen? Now it wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact it takes 15 secs instead of 5 to boot on start-up, plus any change happening that I didn't approve of...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro: Hello, I am unsure about the process of upgrading from Pro edition to Enterprise. I'm working for an IT company and we have a Enterprise edition key which I manually entered on my workstation to try out. Previously it was Pro edition and after entering the Enterprise key...
  8. Upgraded Windows 10 from Home to Pro version. Windows Enterprise Retail installed itself...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded Windows 10 from Home to Pro version. Windows Enterprise Retail installed itself...: This is like a Greek tragedy or something. I need to run Docker on my Lenovo Yoga 900 laptop. To do so I must upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, as previously I had Home installed. Last night, I went online and purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $143 after tax, and Windows...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise: How to: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, deploying Windows Enterprise edition gets easier. Prior to Windows 10, the...
  10. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise: Hi There, I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data . I Have tried the straight forward method through windows logo pop-up which doesn't normally ask for windows licences and that...