Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrades and "MS Word Can not Print Due to a Printer Setup Issue"

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrades and "MS Word Can not Print Due to a Printer Setup Issue" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I get an error message when trying to print from Microsoft Word that reads "Word Can not Print Due to a Printer Set-up Issue. I have spent about 50... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JOHNPITCHER3, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Upgrades and "MS Word Can not Print Due to a Printer Setup Issue"

I get an error message when trying to print from Microsoft Word that reads "Word Can not Print Due to a Printer Set-up Issue. I have spent about 50 hours with Microsoft employees and Geek Squad IT people that have been unable to solve the problem and have conducted my own research over the Internet. The fixes the tech people made work for a short period of time and after a period of time that ranges from hours to weeks, the problem starts over again. I have found out if delete the latest Windows 10 update pushes from Microsoft that the printer will print for a while. Then, when I can not print again I can reinstall the update and it works for a while again. But, ultimately the issue is not permanently fixed. To get my printer to work I have to reinstall and uninstall the latest Windows 10 upgrades. When will there be a fix for this issue?

:)

JOHNPITCHER3, Dec 11, 2020
  2. C.Flim Win User

Word cannot print due to printer setup

Currently I'm not able to print using my RICOH MP C2004 after windows update.

Here are the steps I tried to resolved the issue.

Remove/Add Printer.

Uninstall/Reinstall Printer Driver.

Restart my PC.

Stop Print Spooler, delete all files in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\printers", start Print Spooler.

Uninstall/Reinstall Office 365.

But problem persist.

Moved from: Office / Word / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

C.Flim, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Windows can't print due to a problem with the printer setup" Windows 10

Hi Olivia,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

The error that you are receiving can be due to the following reasons:

• Your Printer Driver Is Damaged
    • The Windows Registry Has a Damaged Default Printer Entry
    • A Device Conflict Exists on the Printer Port
    • Files in the Windows Printing Subsystem Are Damaged

I would suggest that you refer to the article Error message: Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup provided in the link below and check if it helps resolve your issue

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/329845

Also you can refer to the article Fix printer problems provided in the link below and check

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Upgrades and "MS Word Can not Print Due to a Printer Setup Issue"

Windows 10:" Cannot print due to problem with printer setup" affects Word and Excel

Hi,etm56

Kindly check these details and click the link below the steps provided by the HP support for the same issue that you have.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Connected-Mobi...

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Upgrades and "MS Word Can not Print Due to a Printer Setup Issue"

1. Windows 10 Upgrades and "MS Word Can not Print Due to a Printer Setup Issue" - Similar Threads - Upgrades Word Print

2. Cannot print due to a printer setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print due to a printer setup: HUAWEI MATEBOOK D14After installing Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10 I can no longer print due to a printer setup. My printer is HP ENVY 5530. However I can print from the printer a Printer Staus Report for example!Thank you,...
  3. Cannot print due to a printer setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print due to a printer setup: HUAWEI MATEBOOK D14After installing Windows 11 and going back to Windows 10 I can no longer print due to a printer setup. My printer is HP ENVY 5530. However I can print from the printer a Printer Staus Report for example!Thank you,...
  4. Cannot print due to a printer setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't print emails from MS Mail in Windows 10 -- can print Word documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print emails from MS Mail in Windows 10 -- can print Word documents: This just happened yesterday, Oct 19, 2020. Have tried "fixing" the printer HP OfficeJet Pro by various means troubleshooting and uninstall/reinstall. Then tried printing from MS Mail on another computer on the same network -- successful. Therefore, changed to trying to fix...
  6. word can't print due to problem with printer setup

word can't print due to problem with printer setup: Hi, I am receiving numerous different messages when I try to print. Not just the one in the subject line. I also get "the specified driver is invalid", ""error code 45", "error 0x000007di". This all seems to have started after a windows update. I have gone as far as getting...
  7. Windows 10:" Cannot print due to problem with printer setup" affects Word and Excel

Windows 10:" Cannot print due to problem with printer setup" affects Word and Excel: Recent problems printing in Word and Excel with a HP OfficeJet Pro 8025. Using Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, installed 6/11/2020 and updated through today, 8/10/2020. No issues printing pdfs....
  8. Printer can not access a Word Pad document for printing.

Printer can not access a Word Pad document for printing.: Printer works - produces test pages with no problem. Word Pad seems to work normally. But when I try to print the word pad document the printer can not access the document. The only response is simply to state: 'Printer can not access word pad....
  9. "windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup" help

in Windows 10 Customization
    "windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup" help: I have a printer and it prints at lease 3 times, then the next time, it said "windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup", can s/one help. THX...
  10. "Word can't print due to a problem with the printer setup"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Word can't print due to a problem with the printer setup": All drivers are updated I've cleared the spooler. I have tried everything and everything says the printer is fine. It prints from other computers but once I updated my windows 10 I was unable to print and keep receiving the above message. Please help!...