Windows 10: windows 10 upgrades result in copy of user files

Discus and support windows 10 upgrades result in copy of user files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time a Windows 10 upgrade is installed it takes my system hours to come back up because it is making a copy of every file under my user profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by snowcrashed, Nov 11, 2019.

1. windows 10 upgrades result in copy of user files

Every time a Windows 10 upgrade is installed it takes my system hours to come back up because it is making a copy of every file under my user profile into a new user folder named username.v6 where username is the (admin) user account name and the number after the v increments each time. Deleting this new folder (which also takes awhile) results in the next update having the same increment as the previous. I have not been able to find any info on this issue and it's been going on for a few years. It's a huge pain. Help!

:)

snowcrashed, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Delicieuxz, Nov 11, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

windows 10 upgrades result in copy of user files

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 upgrades result in copy of user files

1. windows 10 upgrades result in copy of user files - Similar Threads - upgrades result copy

2. All Methods of Copying Photos from iPhone Result in Corrupted Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Methods of Copying Photos from iPhone Result in Corrupted Files: I have tried opening the iPhone as a device and copy the images, I've tried using Microsoft Photos to import the images. Both methods result in corrupted images, either completely unviewable or half grey or black. It is totally random which files get corrupted and there is...
  3. Trying to copy, move, or delete files with Windows Explorer results in it slowing to a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to copy, move, or delete files with Windows Explorer results in it slowing to a...: The title is fairly self-explanatory: on my current laptop running Windows 10, recently whenever I attempt to move, copy, or delete any files or folders with Windows Explorer that are more than about 100 MB or so, the speed drops dramatically to close to 0 KB/s after a few...
  4. Trying to copy, move, or delete files with Windows Explorer results in it slowing to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to copy, move, or delete files with Windows Explorer results in it slowing to a...: The title is fairly self-explanatory: on my current laptop running Windows 10, recently whenever I attempt to move, copy, or delete any files or folders with Windows Explorer that are more than about 100 MB or so, the speed drops dramatically to close to 0 KB/s after a few...
  5. Trying to copy, move, or delete files with Windows Explorer results in it slowing to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. to copy files on windows 10

to copy files on windows 10: I have worked with windows since 1990, now i have a windows 10 state of the art laptop and file copying is absolutly shocking. Any reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-copy-files-on-windows-10/e0c65c0f-9bc8-48ed-9385-be639d9307c1
  7. Using robocopy to copy my C:\Users folder results in error ERROR 1920 0x00000780 The file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using robocopy to copy my C:\Users folder results in error ERROR 1920 0x00000780 The file...: I am trying to follow this procedure to move my C:\Users folder from my 500GB SSD to my 1TB hard drive. I am on Windows 10 1909. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r16puaMKI8o Of course I understand if I mess this procedure up my computer may not boot. I just set this computer...
  8. Desktop file relocation results only in copy

Desktop file relocation results only in copy: After the new update for WIndows 10, I'm encountering numerous problems. One is this: On the desktop, if I want to move a file icon from one spot to another, which is done by left click/hold on icon and drag to new location, instead of moving the file, it leaves the file in...
  9. Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies

Copy and paste in Windows 10 file explorer resulting in corrupt copies: Hello, I encountered a very serious issue with trying to copy and paste files to a backup hard drive in Windows file explorer by using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Usually I determine whether my backups are complete and in agreement with each other by doing a casual comparison of...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade (8.1 to 10) fails at copying files (23%)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade (8.1 to 10) fails at copying files (23%): Hi, I tried updating my Win8.1 to Win10 twice. The first time, it hung at 26% total, 89% copying files. Then it bricked my system completely so I made a clean install of Windows 8.1. There was nothing else installed than Windows & Updates. Tried to update it with a stick...