Windows 10: Windows 10 Upgrading/Windows 10 recovery disc

Discus and support Windows 10 Upgrading/Windows 10 recovery disc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Note: this is for my laptop only. My Lenovo y500 came with windows 8.1 and I upgraded to windows 10. When I created a recovery usb in windows 10 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by henry1006, Jul 22, 2016.

1. henry1006 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrading/Windows 10 recovery disc

Note: this is for my laptop only.

My Lenovo y500 came with windows 8.1 and I upgraded to windows 10. When I created a recovery usb in windows 10 I thought it was windows 10 image but recently when I ran the resetting, it went back to windows 8.1. As you know Windows 10 will end very soon and I would like to know how to create a recovery disc for Windows 10 so in the future I can use it to go back to windows 10 and not windows 8.1. Assuming that I can no loner upgrade to windows 10 in the future. I haven't bought any windows 10 so I can't use the installation disc as a method of installing windows 10 if I run into problems in the future.

In the end, what do I do to make sure I get a copy of windows 10 image so I can reset to windows 10

:)

henry1006, Jul 22, 2016

2. Create recovery disc after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

I created recovery discs for my Windows 8.1 machine out of the box. The recovery creation utility only allows one creation of discs. However I am upgrading to Windows 10. How will I be able to create recovery discs for the Windows 10 installation?

PaulKelley_676, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Windows Recovery Image

When I purchased my computer I ran a set of Recovery Discs and it took Four, but if I upgrade to Windows 10 these Recovery Discs are for Windows 8. As I recall the program stated that you can only run these discs one time. Can I run them again on Windows
    10?

StanleySquires, Jul 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

1. You will be able to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on that same computer for free after July 29th because you have already done it once.

2. You can do a clean install from a Windows 10 installation USB/DVD for free because you have already done the upgrade. Windows 10 installation USB/DVD can be made from here:
    Windows 10
    or here:
    Tech Bench

3. Unless you do a clean install or erase the factory recovery partition, a Windows reset will take you back to the factory load of software the computer came with.

4. If you created the USB recovery drive from Windows 10 using the Windows 10 built-in utility (not the laptop manufacturer's utility), then re-installing Windows from it (not just a reset, but reinstalling by wiping the hard drive), should put Windows 10 on it.

NavyLCDR, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Upgrading/Windows 10 recovery disc - Similar Threads - Upgrading recovery disc

2. Windows 10 disc recovery isn't working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 disc recovery isn't working: I haven't been able to update Windows 10 for a few months. Tried loads of online solutions, but nothing worked. Left it, as the PC still worked fine. That was until I signed up for Xbox Gamepass. To run the app, my computer needed to be updated. It had the 1809 update and...
  3. Recovery disc for windows 10

Recovery disc for windows 10: I want to create recovery disc for my desktop windows 10 There are 3 options : 1 Create Recovery disc 2 Create System Repair 3 Create System Image Which one should I create ? What are the differences between the 3 and the function of each such as computer cannot reboot,...
  4. Windows 10 disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 disc: How can I obtain a Windows 10 recovery or system repair disc. Or maybe a Windows 10 OS disc. My computer won't start and I need one for repair or recovery. There wasn't a Windows 10 disc included when I bought my computer and now I really need one....
  5. Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc

Windows 10 does not boot, not even the recovery disc: Hello, my Windows 10 does not boot at all. It begann when i install something today with an registry edit. After that the PC got slow so i tried a restart. Please note, it wasnt a shady installation - there are plenty others using this. so it might be a crazy coincidence....
  6. Windows 10 recovery disc problem

Windows 10 recovery disc problem: Have tried to use a SanDisk 64 GB USB memory to generate a Recovery disk, The system generates a disk. I have not tried to use it yet, but the system in the process now has reformat the disk as a 32 GB drive, the other 32 GB has vanished!! Have tried this several times with...
  7. windows 10 1809 recovery disc

windows 10 1809 recovery disc: I created the windows 10 recovery disc. how do I activate it to start a system image restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-recovery-disc/ad2ba070-16e0-46fe-ac72-3de67c07b9ec
  8. How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc

How to create a Windows 10 (1803) Recovery Disc: After recently upgrading to V1803, I decided it would be advisable to create System Repair and Recovery discs. Had no problem creating a CD for the System Repair. Creating the Recovery disc was another story. I entered "recovery drive" in the search box and got the creation...
  9. Windows 10 Recovery/Install Disc Won't Load

Windows 10 Recovery/Install Disc Won't Load: I recently had a Windows 10 loading failure loop, so after going through a System Restore and a PC reset, neither of which worked, I performed a clean install, which resolved the problem at first. However, after half a day with a working computer and during the process of...
  10. windows 10 recovery disc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    windows 10 recovery disc: Hi All, I have a windows 10 disc created from Windows 10 installation media tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...oad/windows10) my question is can i use that ISO to recover another persons PC? or is there compatibility issues based from my PC? TIA 99552