Windows 10: Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

Discus and support Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, For some reason my upload speed is capped at 100 Mbps, it should reach 250 Mbps. I tried restarting in Safe Mode with network, and the speed was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Valentin-Ionut Stanciu, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

Hi,

For some reason my upload speed is capped at 100 Mbps, it should reach 250 Mbps. I tried restarting in Safe Mode with network, and the speed was as it should be, but in normal mode it isn't. What else can I do?

What I tried:
    1. Uninstall all network drives, and reinstall them;

2. "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal"

3. "ipconfig /release" + "ipconfig /renew"

4. "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"

5. "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled" now it is set back to normal

:)

Valentin-Ionut Stanciu, Sep 3, 2020

2. Upload speed capped on windows 10

Okay so, for some unknown reason, my computer and brand new laptop both running on windows 10 home, are capping my upload speed at 7.9mbps (exactly 0.6mbps from my router's upload sync speed). At first it may seem normal to be running slightly lower than
    the upload sync speed, however on all my mobile phone devices, speed tests show that my phones are reaching between 9-10mbps. The exact same speed tests (And other speed tests) on my computer and new laptop show that the upload speed is being capped at 7.9mbps.

The router is new. I have recently had the line fixed so there's no issue there. The fact that my new out of the box laptop is also capping it makes me believe there's no malware or virus issue going on here. The only thing I have narrowed it down to is
    that Windows itself is capping the speed somehow. I have also tried connecting to the router via ethernet cable however the speed is still capping at 7.9mbps. It is ALWAYS capping 0.6mbps under the sync speed and I'm not sure what is causing it.

AmaadHasan, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Upload speed capped on windows 10

I'm using ADSL like you suggested, I'm also using the talktalk wifi-hub, however I have also tried with the talktalk super-router and am receiving the same issue. Upload speed is being capped at 7.9mbps.

AmaadHasan, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

Upload speed capped on windows 10

Nope it uses Wi-Fi. I have tried taking Data off incase it was also getting into there to increase the speed, however even so, it shows that it has a greater upload speed and can seemingly utilize all of the upload speed it is acquiring from the router,
    whereas both my computer and laptop cannot. They are both capped at the exact same speed.

AmaadHasan, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

1. Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps - Similar Threads - Upload speed capped

2. Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps: Hi there,I have tried almost everything and I am kind of desperate about this, I will tell you first my configurations, then what my problem is exactly and finally I will tell what have I done to try to solve it.Long story short, I contracted a fiber connection up to 400Mbps...
  3. Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps: Hi there,I have tried almost everything and I am kind of desperate about this, I will tell you first my configurations, then what my problem is exactly and finally I will tell what have I done to try to solve it.Long story short, I contracted a fiber connection up to 400Mbps...
  4. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  5. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  6. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  8. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  9. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

10. Upload speed capped on windows 10

Upload speed capped on windows 10: Okay so, for some unknown reason, my computer and brand new laptop both running on windows 10 home, are capping my upload speed at 7.9mbps (exactly 0.6mbps from my router's upload sync speed). At first it may seem normal to be running slightly lower than the upload sync...