Windows 10: Windows 10 usage of excessive data

Discus and support Windows 10 usage of excessive data in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a laptop recently and it had genuine Windows 10 installed... I discovered an issue regarding data consumption because there's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tidaschandoopaa, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 usage of excessive data

Hello,

I purchased a laptop recently and it had genuine Windows 10 installed... I discovered an issue regarding data consumption because there's an system app that uses excessive data... I disabled windows updates but the issue have not been solved...

:)

tidaschandoopaa, Aug 6, 2020
  2. JoKadar Win User

Excess data usage on Windows 10

What is causing excess data use in Windows 10? Data usage jumped 26 GB in a little over 1 hour this morning. Only thing open is my email a finance app.

JoKadar, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Excessive phantom data usage

My suspicion is Weather Bug. I didn't reinstall it my last reset and something I did got rid of most of my phantom data use. Maybe this was it. As the MS statement says there is still some more phantom usage and I still see more usage than what my carrier
    says I am using. It's not excessive but it just doesn't add up. I add it and see about 1 MB per day of the phone sending and receiving data but that turns into 5 to 10 MBs on total usage. OS problems?

Michael C., Aug 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 usage of excessive data

Windows 10 extreme data usage

Thank you for responding. We would like to request an additional detail so we can further investigate the issue regarding excessive data consumption. Windows 10 normally consumes more data when installing updates to help your PC perform better. To monitor
    the data consumption, may we ask for a screenshot of the App history so we can identify which app is consuming the most data? Follow the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager in the search result.
    • Go to the App history tab and check the data consumption difference between
      Network and Metered Network.

Additionally, you may also find more details by going to the Settings app.

• Open Settings app.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Go to Data usage tab and click the Usage details link to view all data usage per app ( Both built-in and installed )
    • Once you find the culprit, kindly provide us a screenshot.

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 usage of excessive data

1. Windows 10 usage of excessive data - Similar Threads - usage excessive data

2. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  3. Excessive Data Usage by Windows System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive Data Usage by Windows System: Why is Windows System using excessive data? Over the past month it downloaded close to 4 terabytes of data. Over 75% of this was downloaded in the past 7 days. When I checked my real-time network utilization it showed that consistently that "Service Host: Network Service -...
  4. Excessive Data Usage by Windows System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive Data Usage by Windows System: Why is Windows System using excessive data? Over the past month it downloaded close to 4 terabytes of data. Over 75% of this was downloaded in the past 7 days. When I checked my real-time network utilization it showed that consistently that "Service Host: Network Service -...
  5. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  6. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  7. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Excessive Data Usage ion Windows 10 Pro

Excessive Data Usage ion Windows 10 Pro: According to the pc's data usage app, my computer has used 1GB of data in 1 day for "System" and 5.46GB in 5 days. How do I stop the System from using all my data? I have a metered connection. I have turned off background Apps. I have blocked regsvr32 on the Windows...
  9. excessive data usage of microsoft edge

excessive data usage of microsoft edge: To save money I recently downgraded my internet service to 25mb per second. I later found out via email from my ISP (near the month end) that I had reached 90 percent of my allotted data usage of 1024 GB, upon checking my data usage by app, I was shocked to see that EDGE had...
  10. Excess data usage on Windows 10

Excess data usage on Windows 10: What is causing excess data use in Windows 10? Data usage jumped 26 GB in a little over 1 hour this morning. Only thing open is my email a finance app....