Windows 10: Windows 10 USB 3.0 failing when plugging in an External hard Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 USB 3.0 failing when plugging in an External hard Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the most recent Windows 10 update from which I cannot roll back due too not realizing the feature was turned off by default The USB 3.0 Root Hub... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AReeves121, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 USB 3.0 failing when plugging in an External hard Drive

Since the most recent Windows 10 update from which I cannot roll back due too not realizing the feature was turned off by default

The USB 3.0 Root Hub ceases functioning with the Code 43 appearing in the device manager whenever I attempt to plug in my Toshiba 3.0 External Hard Drive.

I have tried updating both manually and automatically, uninstalling and allowing Windows to re-install, and several other common troubleshooting solutions for the driver.

:)

AReeves121, Jan 26, 2020

2. Computer freezes and Explorer doen't respond when I plug an external Hard drive

Hello jobkakule,

The issue is possibly caused by corrupted data or bad sectors on your external hard drive or could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Have you tried plugging your external hard drive to a different USB port? Also, check if you can access the drive by plugging it to a different computer.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to repair the bad sectors on your external hard drive. Kindly refer to the steps below:

(Let's just assume that the drive letter for your external hard drive is E. If not, please do change it to the correct drive letter)

1. Plug in your external hard drive. Click on Start, search for
    Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

2. Type in the following command below and press Enter after each command:

Chkdsk /f E:

Chkdsk /r E:

3. Reboot your computer after the scan is completed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Static~Charge, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Windows 10 USB 3.0 failing when plugging in an External hard Drive

Toshiba External USB drives not showing in Explorer or Disk Management Plug-in

Thank you for the update.

Looks like your system is unable to detect your external hard drive. Let's see if scanning for new hardware will fix the issue. Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Under Device Manager, select Action tab > Scan for hardware changes.
    • Wait for your system to install the generic driver for your device and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you perform the following recommendations below:

• Plug in your external USB drives to other USB device port of your system.
    • Use other USB cables for your external device to connect to your system.

Keep us updated and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 USB 3.0 failing when plugging in an External hard Drive

1. Windows 10 USB 3.0 failing when plugging in an External hard Drive - Similar Threads - USB failing plugging

2. wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive: My wifi crashes whenever my external hard drive is plugged in through a usb 3.0 port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-stops-when-i-plug-an-external-hard-drive/a7aedc9b-4dce-48cd-aab4-8e61b86c789e
  3. wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive: My wifi crashes whenever my external hard drive is plugged in through a usb 3.0 port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-stops-when-i-plug-an-external-hard-drive/a7aedc9b-4dce-48cd-aab4-8e61b86c789e
  4. wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. External Hard Drive Crashing Windows 10 when plugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External Hard Drive Crashing Windows 10 when plugged: Hello,Suddenly my pc crashes immediately after I plug any external drives on any USB ports.At the second I plug an external HDD my pc shutdown. i tried different ones to make sure the issue was not coming from the HDD itselfIf I boot the pc with the HDD already plugged, it...
  6. Have problem with USB Bluetooth adapter when USB hard drive is plug in on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Have problem with USB Bluetooth adapter when USB hard drive is plug in on windows 10.: Hello, I have the following problem with my USB bluetooth adaper on my laptop I am using the HDMI slot for the monior I am using next to the HDMI slot is the USB slot thst has the USB Buletooth adaper plug in and have a bluetooth speaker that works with the adaper, but when...
  7. External usb portable Hard Drives 500 Gb, Not recognised on plug in.

External usb portable Hard Drives 500 Gb, Not recognised on plug in.: Has not been used for 6 years. Buffalo mini-station and Western Digital. Windows says all drivers are the most recent. Being aged there are some terms bandied around online regarding this type of issue which exceed my level of competence updating chipsets, migrating, stuff...
  8. external usb hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    external usb hard drive: Can i install windows 10 on an external USB hard drive? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-drive/9631ecc3-3373-4174-8b01-818623bd5c4f
  9. External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable: I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata...
  10. USB 3.0 external hard drive 3+ TB GPT NTFS

USB 3.0 external hard drive 3+ TB GPT NTFS: I am aiming to get a USB 3.0 external hard drive of at least 3 TB to be formatted as a single user-data partition using the GPT organisation and NTFS, and to have it visible by Windows 10 and by Windows 7 (actually WS2008R2 SP1). Searching gives a number of views. One of...