Windows 10: Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI

Discus and support Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since the USBXHCI driver was updated I have been having issues using external USB 3 drives or usb sticks. I have a Samsung T5 usb type c drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomHaywood1, May 8, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI

Ever since the USBXHCI driver was updated I have been having issues using external USB 3 drives or usb sticks.

I have a Samsung T5 usb type c drive that was working fine for 6 months. But since the update, if I plug in via USB type c cable, then the drive light comes on, but the drive does not show up in windows explorer or device manager. If I plug the same drive in via a type C to type A cable to a USB 3 port the same problem. If I plug in to a USB 2 port then the drive shows up, but is obviously slower than it should be.

I also have a USB 3 type A thumb drive, that if I plug in to a USB 3 port it sometimes works, some times doesn't. But plugged in to USB 2 port it always works.

I have tried every suggestion I could find, but none have worked:

• In device manager unistalled the USB 3.1 and USB 3.0 devices, and then restarted. Windows then reinstalls the device, but the same behaviour.
    • I've turned off power manager management on the device, and in the power settings.
    • Looked for new updates to drivers.

This is a desktop with an AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 motherboard running Widows 10 professional. The date on C:\Windows\System32\drivers\USBXHCI.SYS is 20 March 2020

I see some errors:

Device PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_2142&SUBSYS_21421849&REV_00\4&246f1563&0&00E4 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_049F&PID_0051\6&1ffbb6c3&0&1

Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122

Present: false

Device PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_2142&SUBSYS_21421849&REV_00\4&246f1563&0&00E4 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: usbxhci.inf

Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}

Service: USBXHCI

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Problem: 0x15

Problem Status: 0x0

Any ideas?

Is there any way to get official support from Microsoft?

:)

TomHaywood1, May 8, 2020

2. USB Drives not recognised in Windows 10

I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I plug in a any USB drives are not recognised.

I have tried a USB stick which worked but not drives do not.

Any suggestions as all worked in Windows 7.

Thank you.

jaburmester, May 8, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 8, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI

Delta6326, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI

1. Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI - Similar Threads - USB drives recognised

2. All USB 3 and 2 ports are not recognising any ssd drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 and 2 ports are not recognising any ssd drives: The ports recognize mouse, keyboard, headset and card reader but not portable ssd drives. They are recognized in my other windows 10 OS on another disk so it seems to be some setting on my main Windows os. I checked USB suspend settings - disabled. Checked bios but can't be...
  3. All USB 3 and 2 ports are not recognising any ssd drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All USB 3 and 2 ports are not recognising any ssd drives: The ports recognize mouse, keyboard, headset and card reader but not portable ssd drives. They are recognized in my other windows 10 OS on another disk so it seems to be some setting on my main Windows os. I checked USB suspend settings - disabled. Checked bios but can't be...
  4. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  5. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  6. USB Disk Drive not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Disk Drive not recognised: Hi I have two 1TB Toshiba USB Hard Drives. Both work on my old Dell laptop but only one works on my relatively new HP machine. Both are running Windows 10 It shows in Device Manager but not in Disk Management or System. Clicking the USB eject icon on the taskbar displays...
  7. Latest windows 10 update 3 devices not recognised

Latest windows 10 update 3 devices not recognised: I loaded the latest windows update and it did not support my Canon IP 7200 printer or my Xbox controllers. When is Microsoft going to fix these types of problems?...
  8. USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3.: USB does not recognise external drives in USB 2 & 3. In a partitioned drive it only shows one partition. With thumb drives it works okay. I posted this last week but I was hit by scammers, that`s why I`m posting again. Thanks in advance....
  9. Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised: To transfer photos from my camera to the computer I take the memory card out of the camera and insert it in the USB slot on the computer. The computer and laptop recently had updates to Windows 10 and now neither recognise the memory card. Why did you do this and can you...
  10. USB Drives not recognised in Windows 10

USB Drives not recognised in Windows 10: I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I plug in a any USB drives are not recognised. I have tried a USB stick which worked but not drives do not. Any suggestions as all worked in Windows 7. Thank you. 11589