Windows 10: Windows 10 "USB device not recognized" error repeatedly spamming every 30 sec for DAYS

Discus and support Windows 10 "USB device not recognized" error repeatedly spamming every 30 sec for DAYS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I run Windows 10 on a new 2-in-1 laptop, less than a year old. Yet, a few days ago, I plugged in a USB headset that wasn't recognized. Ok, fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D Green_117, May 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 "USB device not recognized" error repeatedly spamming every 30 sec for DAYS

Hello, I run Windows 10 on a new 2-in-1 laptop, less than a year old. Yet, a few days ago, I plugged in a USB headset that wasn't recognized. Ok, fine, I used another headset. The problem is that a notification keeps popping up in the Notifications every few seconds for DAYS now. I've cleared every cache known to me in Windows 10, & the problem continues. I had to mute all system sounds to stop the sound from driving me insane, so now I don't hear the jingle but I see the "tool" graphic pop up in the notification bar every few seconds if I look at it. Clearly, it's wasting system resources. How can I make this stop?

For reference, there was nothing unusual about the USB headset. It's a Samsung headset that works on my other Windows PC, so I have no idea what happened when it was plugged in to this one. I really don't care about using it - I just want the stupid notification to be deleted & stop. Will this alert continue happening every few seconds for weeks? Months? Years?

Thanks,
    DLG

:)

D Green_117, May 28, 2020

2. USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, May 28, 2020
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, May 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 "USB device not recognized" error repeatedly spamming every 30 sec for DAYS

USB device not recognized

hi...
    I am facing a problem. Even if I plug in my pen drive into my computer, then my computer is not reading it. I am getting the error message "USB device not recognized"?

ashleysimpson052, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 "USB device not recognized" error repeatedly spamming every 30 sec for DAYS

1. Windows 10 "USB device not recognized" error repeatedly spamming every 30 sec for DAYS - Similar Threads - USB device recognized

2. USB Device not recognized in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Device not recognized in Windows 10.: Hi! Can you please tell me why the windows is not recognizing my USB mouse whenever I plug in the mouse a warning pops up in the bottom left corner saying windows didnot recongized USB device .My USB mouse is working properly on other devices but not on my PC I have windows...
  3. "USB device not recognized " error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "USB device not recognized " error: Hello I use windows 10 in my laptop. Recently it occurred that whenever I try to plug any USB device it simply gives an error " USB device not recognized ".First I thought maybe it's a hardware issue so I tried plugging in my USB LED lamp that worked perfectly fine and I...
  4. Windows credentials repeating every day

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows credentials repeating every day: So i logged into my work laptop and its given mr a windiws credentials error i can connect to my vpn just fine a colleague force changed my password for me and unlocked my active directory account. They also cleared my cache credentials that are to do with old password....
  5. usb device not recognized notification sound repeating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    usb device not recognized notification sound repeating: read the title submitted by /u/mrzewzie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrn4rl/usb_device_not_recognized_notification_sound/
  6. USB devises keep disconnecting and reconnecting every 30 secs to ~2 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devises keep disconnecting and reconnecting every 30 secs to ~2 minutes: ive tried a restart and running the hardware and devices troubleshooter but it hadnt found anything wrong, submitted by /u/PainfullyBlack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kiu1xt/usb_devises_keep_disconnecting_and_reconnecting/
  7. Windows 10: USB device Not recognized

Windows 10: USB device Not recognized: Hello Everyone, I was trying to connect my mobile phone to a laptop containing Windows 10. But the Windows always throws this error. [ATTACH] I have updated all the driver via Driver Booster 4 Software. I have also enabled USB Debugging on my mobile phone. Can anyone help...
  8. Windows 10 USB Error - not recognizing a device

Windows 10 USB Error - not recognizing a device: Looking over past questions, this one has been asked before, I but I am at my wit's end with trying "Microsoft Solutions" so I am seeking other help. I had my mouse plugged in (I have 6 USB ports on the back, 4 on the front). My mouse quit working while I was playing a...
  9. 'USB device not recognized' flashes every 10 seconds.

'USB device not recognized' flashes every 10 seconds.: hello, i have got the acer laptop with windows 10 per-installed. the laptops was working fine and i had no problem with it. then i got a major update. i used a usb mouse and when i disconnect the mouse the message started to flash saying 'USb device not recognized' making...
  10. usb device not recognized in windows 10

usb device not recognized in windows 10: I have this new computer with windows 10 and it is not recognizing my USB devices. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-device-not-recognized-in-windows-10/e1df317b-e754-4e02-8686-36a60594fb49