Windows 10: Windows 10 USB device stopcode error

Discus and support Windows 10 USB device stopcode error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I insert a external device into the USB port windows goes into a shut down mode, I get a stopcode error and the computer restarts. If I leave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mickcmcg, Feb 2, 2020.

1. mickcmcg Win User

Windows 10 USB device stopcode error

When I insert a external device into the USB port windows goes into a shut down mode, I get a stopcode error and the computer restarts. If I leave the device in the usb port windows won't restart, if I take device out, starts normally.

:)

mickcmcg, Feb 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Error 10 (device doesn't start) while trying to load a VCP to a USB serial converter on Windows 10

HI Joost,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the USB device on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Is this issue specific to the device (Are you able to connect any other device to your computer)?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message along with Error 10?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks
    for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft support article, refer to the section Error code: 10, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Step 3: I suggest you to download and install the pending updates on your computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 USB device stopcode error - Similar Threads - USB device stopcode

2. stopcode error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stopcode error: I keep getting a blue screen saying the computer is restarting, and to find out more go to Microsoft.com/stopcode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopcode-error/e87a48a6-e229-4196-8c7b-4d2142c56021
  3. stopcode error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stopcode error: I keep getting a blue screen saying the computer is restarting, and to find out more go to Microsoft.com/stopcode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopcode-error/e87a48a6-e229-4196-8c7b-4d2142c56021
  4. Stopcode error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopcode error: It's been 30mims now and it's still in 0% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopcode-error/57102912-b57d-4bf5-9fc6-0d4c57db158d
  5. Windows 10 Error Event for USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Error Event for USB Device: I experienced a DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD crash a week and a half ago on my Windows 10 PC cleanly installed 4 weeks ago. This triggered me to investigate and resolve potential errors with my system and so I am attempting to resolve the following error event.Everytime my...
  6. windows error stopcode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows error stopcode: My nvlddmkm.sys FAILED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-error-stopcode/974c8d54-7d40-4a44-9f31-d77abd884de7
  7. Windows Stopcode Error

Windows Stopcode Error: I am having problems where my computer locks up and either fails or I manually power it down. Most often it defaults to a stopcode error identified as "DPC Watchdog Violation", but occasionally shows up as "Critical Process Failure". Any ideas to address?...
  8. stopcode error

stopcode error: I recently bought a pc and it was working fine until I tried editing a short video. 5 minutes in I get the following error code. BstkVMMRO.rO I thought it was graphics related so bought an nvidia GT710 and upgraded the drivers once it had been installed. Five minutes later...
  9. Windows 10 USB Error - not recognizing a device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 USB Error - not recognizing a device: Looking over past questions, this one has been asked before, I but I am at my wit's end with trying "Microsoft Solutions" so I am seeking other help. I had my mouse plugged in (I have 6 USB ports on the back, 4 on the front). My mouse quit working while I was playing a...
  10. stopcode error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    stopcode error: I keep getting an error about stopcode when I turning on my computer. Is there something I am doing when I shutdown at night that causes this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopcode-error/de845d35-f8a0-4a4d-a0a3-4999cd75a238

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windows.com stopcodes

2. windows 10 stopcode error

3. https.//www.windows.com/stopcode

4. www.windows.com/stop