Windows 10: Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates.

Discus and support Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a USB scanner, printer, and a tablet and they no longer work after an update. This is on Windows 10 2004. Reinstalled drivers, updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maelstorm.1973, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates.

I have a USB scanner, printer, and a tablet and they no longer work after an update. This is on Windows 10 2004. Reinstalled drivers, updated firmware, etc... and still does not work. This is an Epson WorkForce WF-2650 with latest drivers and firmware installed. I also have a Gaomon graphics tablet that broke too. It's been months now and it still isn't fixed. What is Microsoft doing to address this problem?

I don't want to hear some canned POS response from some "MSVP," MCSE Must Consult Someone Experienced, third party tech support from India, or some other ****. Either Microsoft fixes the f-ing problem or my next post on here just might be from my lawyer.

Linux is looking really good right now.

:)

Maelstorm.1973, Sep 15, 2020

2. February Windows 10 Update Causing Loss of USB and Blue Screens!

As posted over at Computer World, the February Windows 10 patch for the fall creators update to version 1709 is causing serious crashes and loss of USB.

When most everyone is using USB ports for their mouse and keyboard, this will render them inoperable.

Best case is to uninstall the Feb update:

stinger608, Sep 15, 2020
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates.

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

I had a similar issue that came with a significant Windows 10 update, I tried everything for about a week, I also had issues with a USB Printer not working too, in the end I found that an additional USB driver unrelated to my board was showing in Device Manager, I think it was a Marvell and I don't have any marvel ports, deleted it from Device manager, re-booted, all my problems went.

Tatty_One, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates.

1. Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates. - Similar Threads - USB devices won't

2. Printer won't work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won't work after Windows 10 update: I just did a Windows 10 update and now my shared printer doesn't work. I just found out that the drivers for my printer are no longer available. This is a great printer without any issues until Windows did the update. What can I do to get this to work? I checked all of my...
  3. Microphone won't work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microphone won't work after Windows 10 update: Microphone won't work after Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-wont-work-after-windows-10-update/df53d0a2-554d-4532-89b4-6478198eeee9
  4. USB speaker not working with Windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB speaker not working with Windows 10 after update: I recently installed the new Windows 10 update on my laptop, and ever since then, my laptop stopped playing the audio through my Bose Revolve Plus speaker when plugged into the USB port. All USB ports work fine, my speaker even makes a sound and starts charging when I plug...
  5. Password won't work after Windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password won't work after Windows 10 update: Windows 10 updated & now I can't login to computer. I tried changing password & have done that twice. I'm now locked out. Anhy help would be appreciated...
  6. Mouse won't work after updating Windows 10

Mouse won't work after updating Windows 10: My wireless mouse stopped working after updating Windows10 on my Lenovo laptop. I have read others have had this problem. I tried several fixes, and none have worked. Can someone please help. Thank-you...
  7. After Windows 10 update "restart" won't work

After Windows 10 update "restart" won't work: Hello all, Windows 10 update to version 1909 hit my computer yesterday. The update would stall and just show the PCs brand name ASUS on the screen forever. I figured later that I had to manually shut down the computer and start again several times for the update to...
  8. USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update

USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Of course Microsoft "Locked" the discussion in Jan 2018. Not sure WHY, but there are tens of thousands, if not Millions of people who have had the same Problem with Won 10 Update. It is 'Unacceptable" for Microsoft to screw up so many computers than just lock the discussion...
  9. USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update

USB devices stopped working after Windows 10 update: Hi Following Windows 10 update USB keyboard and mouse stopped working. Unable to login to startup screen. Tried from recovery screen, but still unable to enter keystrokes or mouse. Desktop totally inaccessable. I notice that this is happening more and more with this...
  10. two devices won't work on USB

two devices won't work on USB: *cry I've literally been trying to figure this out for 3-4 months now, and nothing, so any help is much appreciated! I have a pretty old system, at least 4-5 years. It's still running pretty good because I take it out monthly and complete dust it/make sure it is running...