Windows 10: Windows 10 USB drive installation stuck

Discus and support Windows 10 USB drive installation stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to reinstall windows from a usb and have been stuck at this screen for the past hour and a half. It is either between the failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisM882, Jun 11, 2021.

1. ChrisM882 Win User

Windows 10 USB drive installation stuck

I’ve been trying to reinstall windows from a usb and have been stuck at this screen for the past hour and a half. It is either between the failed reinstalling screens or the advanced troubleshooting screens which have not helped once. I’m using a Sandisk usb 3.0 but it seems as if my pc doesn't recognize it. Help would be greatly appreciated

:)

ChrisM882, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 11, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Windows 10 USB drive installation stuck

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 USB drive installation stuck

1. Windows 10 USB drive installation stuck - Similar Threads - USB drive installation

2. Windows 10 install from USB stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install from USB stuck: Installing windows 10 using the media installer on a USB drive. Wiped all partitions and setup was going smooth. However now it is stuck on finishing up. Been on this step for three plus hours. Any advice?...
  3. Windows 10 install from USB stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 install from USB stuck: Installing windows 10 using the media installer on a USB drive. Wiped all partitions and setup was going smooth. However now it is stuck on finishing up. Been on this step for three plus hours. Any advice?...
  4. Windows 10 install from USB stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB bootable drive not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB bootable drive not installing windows 10: Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 with USB bootable onto new SSD.When the PC starts it loads to black screen with blinking cursor to the windows logo and runs an infinite loop back to the beginning of bios.I have tried the USB bootable with my SSD on another PC and...
  6. USB bootable drive not installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB bootable drive not installing windows 10: Trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 with USB bootable onto new SSD.When the PC starts it loads to black screen with blinking cursor to the windows logo and runs an infinite loop back to the beginning of bios.I have tried the USB bootable with my SSD on another PC and...
  7. USB bootable drive not installing windows 10

8. Installing Windows 10 from USB Drive, Stuck at 28%

Installing Windows 10 from USB Drive, Stuck at 28%: Recently got a new pre-built pc. Everything was fine until booting it up and reaching windows. I got a error screen sending me to either continue to windows or trouble shoot the issue. Looked online for solutions and eventually just opted to create a windows 10 installation...
  9. Windows 10 not installing from USB drive

Windows 10 not installing from USB drive: I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Pop!_OS 20.04 on the same drive with separate partitions. I have gotten as far as to flash the Windows .iso image onto my USB drive but when I choose to boot from the USB I get a blank screen with just a single blinking underline....
  10. Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo

Windows 10 USB Installer Stuck On Blue Logo: Hi! I'm desperately trying to format my laptop and install brand-new Windows 10 on it. At first, I downloaded Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and tried to upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. The installation failed saying: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation...